Topshop Plastic Raincoat

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
jodie

Topshop Plastic Raincoat

Post by jodie »

Topshop are now selling their frosted black longline plastic raincoats in all sizes for £15.00 great value as I now own five raincoats in various sizes . They are well made and worth having before they sell out.
pvcluver

Re: Topshop Plastic Raincoat

Post by pvcluver »

Hi Jodie
Thanks for the tip, at that price I will be buying one!
merv

Post by merv »

pvcluver

Post by pvcluver »

I went into my local store on Saturday but they didn't have any so have ordered one
Can't wait for it to arrive and then for some rain so I can try it out
I'm even thinking about wearing it and getting the train down to London one day when rain is forecast in the hope of seeing some other PVC raincoat wearers out and about since sightings are at least sometimes reported there
Jenni

Post by Jenni »

Thanks for letting us know about this mac..................It looks a great buy and I'll try to get one today.
PVC Raincoat

Post by PVC Raincoat »

Just ordered myself one on line, they say I should receive it in 2 weeks, that's great just in time for my birthday
pvcluver

Post by pvcluver »

I ordered a size 16 online last Friday which should have been delivered by Thursday. Today I got an email stating that 'due to a high level of demand' they hadn't got any left! I went on line intending to order a size 14, but those were now out of stock so I've ordered a size 12. It may well be too small in which case it will go back. Going to phone the 2 localish shops in the morning on the off chance that either of them have a 14 or 16
jodie

Post by jodie »

The raincoats were not selling even at £25.00 .I bought three at that price which were still cheap at the price. They tend to be slightly on the larger size so a smaller one should still fit. I discovered that when I tried one on in Topshop ,Oxford Circus so I was able to get the right size.Let hope Topshop stock them again next year. They also sell the same raincoats in different colours but with slogans on them .What a waste of a good raincoat .What idiot decided to print slogans on them so you walk up and down the street with the slogan on your back.This is where the fashion industry goes wrong.
pvcluver

Post by pvcluver »

Phoned about 5 shops in my area, the girl at the last one was really helpful and checked the stock at different branches. Surprise, surprise she told me that the Bull Ring shop had one in size 14 whereas 10 minutes earlier they had said they didn't have any! So phoned them back and spoke to a very helpful girl who went and found it in the stockroom. I said I'd be there in about an hour!
Tried it on the shop and they are quite a large fit and down to just about my knees (I'm 6ft 1"). The sleeves are shorter than I would like but I guess that's because it's in women's sizing. I'm thinking about cutting out the stitching at the end of the sleeves to make them another 20mm longer. Feels fantastic, slightly rubbery and 'creaky'.
Just hoping that the thunderstorms forecast for tomorrow get as far as the south side of Birmingham so I can go out in it. And the best news, it had been reduced to £12 so a real bargain
Jenni

Post by Jenni »

I managed to get one on Tuesday and am delighted with it. I is so comfortable and looks good. I'm now waiting for some rain to test it.