Made To Measure Raincoats

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
jodie

Made To Measure Raincoats

Post by jodie »

Has anyone experience of having of having a made to measure raincoat from Weathervain at kew as I am interested in going to see them for either A Chorlton or Shrewsbury.
blackmacjay

Re: Made To Measure Raincoats

Post by blackmacjay »

I've had two from there. Good products and delivered on time.
mactim

Post by mactim »

I have had many macs made for me by Weathervain over the years including a Shrewsbury which I had rubber lined and made in SBR, it feels very heavy when worn as it's almost like a double mac! I also had a rubber lined hood made for it and an extra wide belt plus a couple of extra hooks and straps added. That's what's good about Weathervain, in that you can have the mac bespoked to suit your needs.
I think they're the only shop left in the UK that sells macs for the rainwear enthusiast and there's a rumour that the shop may close quite soon as it does n't get enough passing traffic..literally a handful of people a week. They will then just operate on line which would be a great shame as visiting the shop with all those amazing macs hanging there with that lovely rubbery smell is an experience in itself!
rainwearseeker

Post by rainwearseeker »

can they make a shiny yellow rubber raincoat?
blackmacjay

Post by blackmacjay »

I did check their website and did not see a "yellow rubber" being shown but it's worth a phone call to ask.
mactim

Post by mactim »

Over the years, I've seen most of their sample materials and never seen "yellow rubber" but I'm fairly certain that if you found the material that they would make you a bespoke raincoat. If you do find it let me know as I might have one made too! I think it needs about 4/5 metres of material to make a mac.
rubberwadermacs

Post by rubberwadermacs »

delboy

Post by delboy »

I have had a few macs made by Weathervain and been satisfied with all of them. Their quality of workmanship is excellent.

It is worth visiting the shop in Kew to try on the various styles before deciding which one to purchase.

My latest Mac from them is a Black PVC trenchcoat which is often admired when I am wearing it.

Delboy
latexstorm

Post by latexstorm »

The products are beautiful. The website is not - in fact, it's a hot mess.
Jenni

Post by Jenni »

I haven't visited the shop for several years but have fond memories of my first time 20 years ago when I purchased alovelty red rubber-lined mackintosh.
Looking at their prices, I don't know how anyone affords them today. !!