red bormax raincoat

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
rainwearseeker

red bormax raincoat

Post by rainwearseeker »

i was so close to winning an auction on ebay and by the last second someone oubid me. i decided to place my first bid within about a minute to go and increase constantly, but in the end someone sniped me. i don't know if it was a bot, but i am really disappointed that i was so close for a long red shiny bormax with a zipper. the sad part is that it would have fit me as well. it was a rare opportunity.

'update: i just purchased one that was a larger size. i can't wait to get it
TStorm56

Re: red bormax raincoat

Post by TStorm56 »

Congratulations on winning

A few days ago a shiny green rukka raincoat (waist length) in a mens medium was up on ebay uk. Unfortunately I didn't win it. I think the chances of seeing a coat like that appear anywhere are slim to none!
rainwearseeker

Post by rainwearseeker »

Well the one I purchased was actually a duplicate thanks to a second chance offer. I had to pay a lot more than I wanted to. Still, I figured it could be a once in a life time opportunity that I were to come across a long shiny raincoat with a zipper that is nearly identical to a rukka. the best part is that the seller sold me a larger size up. I still want a yellow rukka.

how rare are shiny rukkas and how much do they usually go for?
merv

Post by merv »

why keep pissing about with ebay. Just put in the amount you are prepared to pay and see what happens. Can never see the point in keep increasing bids. people dont seem to realise that the maximum bid is not necessarily what you end up paying
mason

Post by mason »

rainwearseeker wrote: May 22nd, 2017, 10:10 amhow rare are shiny rukkas and how much do they usually go for?
The most common 'shiny' colour is green and if you're lucky, you can find a good one from around USD$125 to $300 depending on size and condition.

Blue is a bit more expensive.

Shiny red and black Rukkas can go very high - $500+ is not uncommon

However, yellow is the one colour that EVERYONE wants. They only come up about once every 4-5 years and when one does turn up, it usually sells for anywhere between $800 and $1,100. Anything in shiny yellow, with a belt is top of the pops.

It is possible to get lucky and pay much less though.
rainwearseeker

Post by rainwearseeker »

well i bought a red for under 400. which is more popular: zipper or snap buttons?
rainwearseeker

Post by rainwearseeker »

My red raincoat has finally arrived. I loved how it is really smooth, but the problem is that the hood is too small for me when zipped up.