PVCulike rainwear

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Pvc Vinyl Enthusiast

Re: PVCulike rainwear

Post by Pvc Vinyl Enthusiast »

rainwearseeker wrote: April 6th, 2017, 8:36 pm I have never ordered anything from PVCulike because I am not sure what the material is going to be like. I am very selective with the rainwear I enjoy (must be made of rubber or a sticky PVC). Is the rainwear that sticky PVC with a rubbery feeling or is it more like a crinkly plastic similar to a disposable rain poncho?
It appears we have similar rainwear tastes:
Soft (i.e. loaded with phthalate plasticisers/softening agents
Rubbery texture
Silky smooth
Clingy or 'sticky': the combination of glossy/shiny PVC material, softness (i.e. high content of those lovely plasticisers/softening agents) and smoothness imparts on the PVC fabric a 'sticky' or 'clingy' quality, in much the same sense that clingfilm or PVC food wrap is clingy.
Noisy: as the clingy, soft and smooth PVC surfaces 'interact' with each other, a lovely noise is produced. You don't get this effect so much with non-shiny and semi-transparent PVC. I love the rustles and creaks associated with PUL's glass clear (natural glass clear, glass clear blue, glass clear red, glass clear green) and shiny opaque (shiny patent blue/red/black) PVC rainwear (once the harmless talc dust has been washed off with lukewarm water, the noise and clingy qualities are especially pronounced). To my knowledge, PUL is the only place one can still buy such 'traditional' PVC rainwear, which used to be commonplace in the 60's, 70's, 80's and up to the late 90's.
Glossy/Shiny
Very strong PVC aroma (I only wished it remained on the garment for longer!)
marcus_germany

Post by marcus_germany »

Thats also what i like.
I also think that the type of plasticier used make the different feelings/types of softness and the phtalate plasticiers seems to make the best feeling here. While the quality of the gloss seems to depend more from other additives in the pvc material
PVC is sexy.
rainwearseeker

Post by rainwearseeker »

The rain suit I got for some reason feels like an inflatable beach ball, but thicker. the lined pvc raincoats have a different texture. I still want to get a long shiny rukka (preferably yellow) and a reversible wipette.