A little upset.

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
debs37

A little upset.

Post by debs37 »

Hi folks.
I was on eBay and bought a ladies catsuit direct from China. When it arrived I was delighted with it and wore it around the house doing ironing and housework. It's a zip up the back type so I was able to wear it with jeans over the top of the legs with heels and go shopping.
It was very enjoyable.i did drink lots of water to keep hydrated.
However after a couple of days I became ill and spoke to a friend who scare the living day lights out of me by saying that some latex fashion from China had been contamated in the latest disasters there.
I have lost 13 pounds in weight which is a worry
I went to my doctor who checked me out as said that she would take bloods. I am feeling better now as I have stopped wearing the latex catsuit.
Please be careful with what you buy on eBay.

Maybe I'm just a stupid lady in a panic. But I was wondering if anyone else has felt unwell after wearing latex bought in China. Debs x
kinkycumbria

Re: A little upset.

Post by kinkycumbria »

always best to buy in uk for catsuits etc
about 10 years ago my wife announced we would be going to Lakeland plastic to see their "latex maid" collection
boy was i disappointed !!!!!!!
latexstorm

Post by latexstorm »

I don't mean to cast aspersions on your friend, but there's no way I take a secondhand story like that at face value - I'd want to see something published on a reputable news site to validate it.

Searching on "China contaminated latex" or "China toxic latex" turned up nothing in this case btw.
latexstorm

Post by latexstorm »

I don't mean to cast aspersions on your friend, but there's no way I take a secondhand story like that at face value - I'd want to see something published on a reputable news site to validate it.

Searching on "China contaminated latex" or "China toxic latex" turned up nothing in this case btw.
gazeebo

Post by gazeebo »

I haven't of heard that before but it really depends on how they manufacture the catsuits and what's added (if anything) to the latex. It's a shame as I'm still trying to picture you wearing the catsuit while you're out and about...and doing the ironing obviously!
debs37

Post by debs37 »

Thanks latexstorm.
That has put my mind at rest somewhat.
However I have binned the carsuit and will stick to cocoon or another Uk retailer in the future.

Kind regards

Debs x
latexstorm

Post by latexstorm »

debs37 wrote:Thanks latexstorm.
That has put my mind at rest somewhat.
However I have binned the carsuit and will stick to cocoon or another Uk retailer in the future.

Kind regards

Debs x
Is it possible you're developing a latex allergy? Full enclosure and/or exertion could have been triggers. You might want to be vigilant for any additional symptoms; an allergy could get out of hand very quickly once it develops.
debs37

Post by debs37 »

Latexstorm.
Yes I did consider that and would be gutted if I have developed a latex allergy. However I have a number of other latex garments and have worn them since the catsuit scare and I've had no side affects. Just the normal reactions hehe.

On a more serious note bloods all came back clear. Maybe I'm getting old. God that's scary.

Debs X
ilikecoated

Post by ilikecoated »

Does a spectacular garment like a latex catsuit not deserve a more spectacular death than just being binned ?
latexstorm

Post by latexstorm »

How're you feeling, debs? Hope everything has been good since your health scare.

Hope I didn't come off as being too harsh on this thread! You saw a doctor and got the problem checked out - that's what matters.