Olympics

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Slyfox

Olympics

Post by Slyfox »

Hi,

Is it me or have I just seen the German Olympic team (Ladies) walk in at the opening ceremony wearing pvc raincoats? :D
frederique

Re: Olympics

Post by frederique »

no it's not a dream

frederique

Post by frederique »

anyway if anyone else besides photo of these athletes waterproof plastic I am taking
merv

Post by merv »

While it would be wrong to stereotypw whole nations I always get the impression that the Germans are quite happy wearing pvc as everyday wear. German ebay certainly seems to have far more rainwear than the British site. Anybody from Germany on here to confirm if this is true or am i just imagining it?
rainfash

Post by rainfash »

I live in Munich, GERMANY.
NOT REALLY. GERMANY IS A TYPICAL NYLON RAINWEAR COUNTRY.
People wear columbia, goretex, etc., everything except PVC or vinyl.

I have been in the city center and nobody had a pvc raincoat althougfh it was raining heavily.

No pvc rainwear in the shops at all.

Ebay is full of PVC rainwear as in Germany there are many pvc raincoat fetish lovers.
we have several online shops, funplastic.de, kemo.de, which get their stuff from Gary, pvc-u-like.

We have regenmantel24.de, which has a bad customer service (I was very disappointed about their handling and response of one of myorders. I had to wait 4 months for the blue and yellow 400 micron rainsuit, and finally they sent me a totally different colour without asking me. I will never ever order anything from them....

Germany has a lot of tourists,wearing pvc rainwear, e.g. from Itakly or France.

As I am travelling a lot accross Germany, I have noticed that in the coastal areas (Hamburg, etc.) people do wear more pvc rainwear than in the southern part.

I also noticed that pvc rainwear in France and Italy is more popular.

And, regarding the german team, these are grey nylon jackets, definitely no pvc.
oelzeug

Post by oelzeug »

you will find some more pictures inclucing lena Gercke wearing this Parka

http://www.morgenpost.de/sport/article2 ... Model.html

http://img.morgenpost.de/img/sport/crop ... e1eaf5.jpg
Taffmac

Post by Taffmac »

What a great disappointment !!!!. I saw the German team in their anoraks during the opening ceremony and I had convinced myself that they were plastic. Nylon rainwear doesn't have a great appeal for me but I must admit that they looked very sexy. Perhaps Gary at PVC-U-Like could make them in plastic.
Taffmac

Post by Taffmac »

OK, I've got over my disappointment at finding out that the German team's anoraks were not plastic. The sight of all those people in see-through plastic macs has more than made up for it !!!!!! And they seem to be of a decent quality rather than those nasty thin polythene excuses for rainwear.
Unfortunately, the rain seems to have stopped. I just hope that there are more rainy days later in the games.
cagouligan

Post by cagouligan »

I'll be honest here, I'm more than a little bit pleased that the jackets are nylon!
merv

Post by merv »

on a similar note it was raining a couple of days ago and there were an awful lot of plastic macs on dislay from the officials on duty, especially at the outdoor pool