Is it 'gay' for a man to wear shiny rainwear in public?

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
jackstrapped

Re: Is it 'gay' for a man to wear shiny rainwear in public?

Post by jackstrapped »

Some interesting answers; as I have said, my wife wore a lot of leather, rubber and latex, the shinier the better. She was classy and could wear them anywhere anytime. She also would always tell me that while men in Europe and Asia can get away with it, here in the States it was too gay for men, and would never let me wear any of it.
Rainworshipper

Post by Rainworshipper »

I suppose it all depends on who you ask:some people might look upon it as gay, others might really like it even though they might not be fetishists themselves. From the 1980's onwards a long pvc mac became a fashion garment for women rather than just practical rainwear for both sexes, and I think in a lot of peoples eyes it looks a bit strange to see a man wearing it now. Having said that I shall be wearing mine this Friday because it looks as if it is going to be raining.
JellyMan

Post by JellyMan »

It's not gay, and even if we're, who cares? I am only in a position to be able to wear the most practical of rainwear at best (no shiny black PVC for me alas), so if you can, then go for it! For some people like me they have acceptance of their fetish as purely sexual (which is great), but the idea of wearing it in public is a total no-no. So I suspect that jackstrapped is in that position: his wife thinks it is OK for women because it is fashion, but not for men.
marcus_germany

Post by marcus_germany »

Pvc Vinyl Enthusiast wrote: January 28th, 2016, 6:09 pm
delboy wrote:I agree with Jenny. It is not 'gay' to wear shiny rainwear in public. I have worn black shiny PVC trenchcoats out and about for at least 40 years with no negative comments.

An alternative to a dome umbrella is a clear golf umbrella which I have now used for some years.

Delboy
What about these glass clear raincoats and these 'jelly jackets' (see photo below of one such example). Does any male rainwear enthusiast apart from myself like to wear glass clear-type PVC rainwear out in inclement weather? I just love the texture and visual qualities of the material, not just for fetish appeal, but also because I have a mild form of autism- Aspergers- which means that I am more stimulated by various sensory inputs (sights, smell, touch and sound) than 'neurotypicals'. There is a Flickr user named Alin who has an autism spectrum condition (probably more severe than my Asperger's, mind you) who enjoys raincoats himself (for sensory stimulation (aka 'stimming' purposes); I can quite relate to this.

I Also have the asperger syndrom in a mild form and i totally agree with you. I also like the shiny and especially the clear coats very much. Yes, with asperger and autism in general you see, hear,feel,smell and taste more than most other people. I am also totally hetero but i also in plastic fetish.

I am also audiophile, i hear differences and nuances in audio systems 99% of the people do not recognize.

I also see,feel and recognize the differences in the different plastic and rubber materials: The differences in gloss, touch, smoothness. the differences between pvc, eva,pe,pp and so on. Give me a piece of cling film and i can say you the brand because of the gloss, thickness and touch of the plastic.

With autism we can feel,hear,see,smell and taste details that are invisible for the most other people.

In Germany unfortunately mostly only woman are wearing glossy pvc rainwaer and unfoirtunately very seldom :( most woman still have the normal boring goretex rainwear,. Ok, in Hamburg,bremerhafen, ostfriesland and generally in the north more people, also men have the yellow rubber/pvc rainwaer. Here in the south (region Stuttgart) its seldom :(
PVC is sexy.
jackstrapped

Post by jackstrapped »

JellyMan wrote: July 16th, 2019, 6:43 pm It's not gay, and even if we're, who cares? I am only in a position to be able to wear the most practical of rainwear at best (no shiny black PVC for me alas), so if you can, then go for it! For some people like me they have acceptance of their fetish as purely sexual (which is great), but the idea of wearing it in public is a total no-no. So I suspect that jackstrapped is in that position: his wife thinks it is OK for women because it is fashion, but not for men.
It's fashion, but for her there's a double benefit, she likes it. She admits to getting turned on, and we often use it for sexual fun. Again though, only she gets to be placed in it...
Pvc Vinyl Enthusiast

Post by Pvc Vinyl Enthusiast »

marcus_germany wrote: July 16th, 2019, 6:45 pm
Pvc Vinyl Enthusiast wrote: January 28th, 2016, 6:09 pm
delboy wrote:I agree with Jenny. It is not 'gay' to wear shiny rainwear in public. I have worn black shiny PVC trenchcoats out and about for at least 40 years with no negative comments.

An alternative to a dome umbrella is a clear golf umbrella which I have now used for some years.

Delboy
What about these glass clear raincoats and these 'jelly jackets' (see photo below of one such example). Does any male rainwear enthusiast apart from myself like to wear glass clear-type PVC rainwear out in inclement weather? I just love the texture and visual qualities of the material, not just for fetish appeal, but also because I have a mild form of autism- Aspergers- which means that I am more stimulated by various sensory inputs (sights, smell, touch and sound) than 'neurotypicals'. There is a Flickr user named Alin who has an autism spectrum condition (probably more severe than my Asperger's, mind you) who enjoys raincoats himself (for sensory stimulation (aka 'stimming' purposes); I can quite relate to this.

I Also have the asperger syndrom in a mild form and i totally agree with you. I also like the shiny and especially the clear coats very much. Yes, with asperger and autism in general you see, hear,feel,smell and taste more than most other people. I am also totally hetero but i also in plastic fetish.

I am also audiophile, i hear differences and nuances in audio systems 99% of the people do not recognize.

I also see,feel and recognize the differences in the different plastic and rubber materials: The differences in gloss, touch, smoothness. the differences between pvc, eva,pe,pp and so on. Give me a piece of cling film and i can say you the brand because of the gloss, thickness and touch of the plastic.

With autism we can feel,hear,see,smell and taste details that are invisible for the most other people.

In Germany unfortunately mostly only woman are wearing glossy pvc rainwaer and unfoirtunately very seldom :( most woman still have the normal boring goretex rainwear,. Ok, in Hamburg,bremerhafen, ostfriesland and generally in the north more people, also men have the yellow rubber/pvc rainwaer. Here in the south (region Stuttgart) its seldom :(
One thing I have noticed is that PVC raincoat and shiny down jacket fetish is a big thing in Germany: there are so many Germans commenting in PVC raincoat and shiny down jacket youtube videos and facebook groups! Just an observation. There are plenty of British fetishists, too.

For me, my liking of PVC rainwear (the glass clear and shiny types only) and down jackets (again, only the very glossy types, such as the Laglosstex material offered by Parkasite) is the almlgamation of sensory gratification ('stimming') and sexual stimulation/arousal. The noise (crackle, rustle), hi-gloss visual appeal, tactile (softeness, smoothness, rubberiness) and aroma (the PVC smell of new raincpoats, which disappointingly fades after a few days of air exposure) all appeal to my finely tuned senses.

I do wear PVC raincoats when it is raining. In May I was wearing a glass clear green PVC raincoat while cycling along a rural footpath during a heavy downpoor. I received only positive compliments from fellow cyclists, runners and dog walkers. One attractive lady in her 20s smiled at me and said hello. Another person remarked that I was well-attired for the weather! I suppose that, if I was wearing the raincoat out in the sunshine I'd get some strange looks, but that's to be expected- nobody wears a raincoat when it is sunny! Similarly, as a man, if I dared to wear to wear a shiny pink raincoat out, I'd get some strange looks. Women wearing shiny pink raincoats in public is fine- it is sexy on them.
jackstrapped

Post by jackstrapped »

Interesting; again. my wife was German, and told me she loved leather, latex and rubber all her life. Her wardrobe verified that. Although she had a gorgeous wardrobe of street wear, she also loved the kinky side. She had leather jackets and ribber (SBR) raincoats that zipped closed up her back (she told me it was a designer thing); and we had together a number of latex rubber and leather straitjackets and sleepsacks that were made to measure for her. She loved all of it.
I think she had certain elements of the Autism spectrum. She loved the feel of rubber and leather. She loved the weight, the restriction. For some reason she never perspired, so she could wear them year round. In the beginning I worried about how other men would react; but to my surprise, it was women who commented on it. Most loved it, and many asked where to get it.
She always has said that she feels much more at home in Europe, but it has never stopped her from layering up for a walk through our New England town.
Tim Raincoat

Post by Tim Raincoat »

Definately not I have and will continue to wear my various shiny pvc macs for and as long as I am able, in the uk there is far too much stiff upper lip and we feel obliged to wear black, in Europe they are far more open minded and wear much brighter colours ?
luvcapes&macks

Post by luvcapes&macks »

never even given this a single thought , it's raining so i wear my navy pvc mac and i'm dry and comfortable , what other people might think is of no consequence to me at all
Tim Raincoat

Post by Tim Raincoat »

luvcapes&macks wrote: October 4th, 2019, 11:57 am never even given this a single thought , it's raining so i wear my navy pvc mac and i'm dry and comfortable , what other people might think is of no consequence to me at all
Well said and very simply put and couldn't agree more !