Oops!

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
blackmacjay

Oops!

Post by blackmacjay »

Well, I realize that this is not exactly a rainwear topic but I thought some readers may be amused anyway.

I am lucky enough to live in a part of the world where this is possible.

Yesterday afternoon I was sitting outside in my back garden in warm sunshine. I was on the phone to a girlfriend and I had a scotch and water on the table.

I was wearing a pure rubber robe which came, I believe, from Weathervain in England. Suddenly, my gardening service arrived and they saw me and they didn't turn a hair. So I just sat there, rubber robe and all, until the noise of their leaf blowers drove me inside.

My point is, I think we who have any kind of fetish worry about what other people may think. And we should not because most people don't care. Most, if not all concerns, are in our head.

Another point is that during a rain storm last week, I had a lunch date at a little cafe close to home and so I chose to walk dressed in my single-texture mackintosh. I should point out that I did have an umbrella as well and beneath the mackintosh I was properly attired.

No eyebrows were raised then either and those 2 events taught me a lot.

Enjoy!!!
Jjai

Re: Oops!

Post by Jjai »

I think the more you wear your raingear in public the less you care about being noticed or looked at. Most of the time it is only the wearer who gets self conscious and feels nervous about being stared at or have someone remark to them.
Obviously bright coloured or way out designs may get noticed but I think for the most part if a male wears a dull or Black coloured mackintosh especially when the conditions call for it then you won't get noticed, when it is raining hard enough nobody cares what you are wearing!