what a rip off!

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Slyfox

what a rip off!

Post by Slyfox »

Found this coat on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-WIPPETTE-BLAC ... 3ca962fe0f

Is it me or is everybody jumping on the band wagon and out to stich up the people with a rainwear fetish?

I have bought the same coat in xxl minus the snakeskin effect for £12 + £8 postage from the states 2 years ago!

There is also a Green Rukka raincoat that appears on Ebay quite a few times with a buy it now of £65 + postage, that has now jumped to £99 + postage.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VINTAGE-GREEN-RUK ... 45f0cbe271

Are we getting tucked up or what!

regards
sly :cry:
latexloo

Re: what a rip off!

Post by latexloo »

I personally feel that they will struggle to achieve those prices, and anyone stupid enough to pay that price gets what they deserve!
RainyDee

Post by RainyDee »

I couldn't agree more! Ebay is fast becoming a waste of time for rainwear lovers to find a bargain these days, anything remotely "fetish interest" is being priced way over the value of the actual item. Luckily for me, I'm into the more industrial / commercial type rainwear which ebay sellers don't seem to have connected to the fetish scene yet. Beware of "Suzie High Prices" on ebay, the apitomy of overpricing!
Last edited by RainyDee on February 2nd, 2010, 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
merv

Post by merv »

people can price things as they see fit, whether they get any takers is another matter. Thing is there is always some mug who will pay over the odds so good luck to them. Have to agree beware of Suzie High prices. Just as an example the jeantex raincoat i bought from amazon fo about 12 pounds is twice that from Suzie High for the same thing. Shop around for new stuff is the thing to do.
kulshan

Post by kulshan »

Beauty of free enterprises is the market will seek it's own level. I've bought new stuff on the open market, found that it may not be what I want and then sell it on E-bay at a later time. I've always priced the stuff fair and interestingly it seems to get about what a paid for it, or maybe a little less siince it's not from a store. Amazing how that works!
pete

Post by pete »

This is what I like about ebay....I can set the opening price a bit below what I think an item is worth, and let the market set the selling price. But then I don't list an item on ebay unless I really want to sell it. Those who set starting prices too high or put a reserve are just wasting everyones' time.
- Pete
Plastkin

Post by Plastkin »

I agree., there is a lot of suckers that would pay for it. I recomend PVC-U-LIKE or rubber eva shop. that's where my gear comes from. just got some stuff last month. things always well made and with ea proper fit! I am a plastic mad but I try to keep some standards if you know what I mean!!!! 8-)