New or used

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.

When considering a purchase, which do you prefer - gear that's previously been owned, or brand new?

New
72%
Used
28%

Total votes: 32

plastic-london

New or used

Post by plastic-london »

It's been a few weeks, so here's a poll ...
Best job? Saturday job at motorcycle shop - I was 13. I liked it when it rained and guys came in in their waterproof gear.
Goal? To meet a gay man who likes rainwear and doesn't think it's strange to tog up in my best waterproofs to go to 'bed' :-)
RainyDee

Re: New or used

Post by RainyDee »

Hi PL,

This is a really difficult poll to answer and could have done with a 3rd option, "Both". There is nothing like the fresh pungent smell of a new PVC rain suit or rubber boots, that said, used raingear and boots can be equaly as appealing, more so if the previous owner was into the same things as I am!

RainyDee
merv

Post by merv »

agree, both would be the third choice as it is often a case of what is available. The option of buying a brand new pakamac a la 60s, 70s style is nonexistent so it is a case of what is available
evad

Post by evad »

Agree- I vote both
plastic-london

Post by plastic-london »

sorry guys, but I didn't put "both" as an option. it was intended as one of those "If you only have the money for one of these choices, which would you choose?" tests.
Best job? Saturday job at motorcycle shop - I was 13. I liked it when it rained and guys came in in their waterproof gear.
Goal? To meet a gay man who likes rainwear and doesn't think it's strange to tog up in my best waterproofs to go to 'bed' :-)
rainweargirl8

Post by rainweargirl8 »

I like both but i am a guy that likes wearing ladies mackintoshes so nice to get a used one and dream of a nice lady wearing it before me.
evad

Post by evad »

Sorry, but black or white has never worked for me.