Just thought I'd say hi!

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
top_cat

Just thought I'd say hi!

Post by top_cat »

Well... Its been a while, but I bit the bullet and thought I'd finally thought I'd introduce myself, and of course thank whoever it was that created this site :oops: I've just signed up!

Its difficult to know how I came across this site. I guess I've always had feelings for things like rainwear/wellys/protective clothing, but I never really thought anything of it and just dismissed 'those' feelings. But I think once I left my teens, I realised that these feelings were something I could explore as I'm normally a very inquisitive, happy (least I'd hope!!) person, and thought it'd be good to discover myself a bit more... Or at least fun! I never really did any research on the matter as I thought it was just a weird personal thing, but as I became more and more accustomed to wrapping up etc, I think I literally came across this site from Google by chance and, well, I haven't looked back! :)

What a lovely feeling it is to know I'm not alone - that there are people like me out there. Much of that isolation I did used to feel for a period has gone, and its been great to read of everyone experiences here. But more than anything, its made me more aware of how people dress when I'm out, and the habits of certain sub-cultures/fashions etc, and how they may relate to making people feel good. Either way, I'm sure there are plenty more shy people out there like myself!

One of the great things about living up in the North of the U.K is that the weather is rarely nice, so there's always an excuse to keep dry in whatever means possible! I don't think it'll ever change :)

I've never asked a girl that I've been out with whether she likes such garments as talked of on this site, but I'm sure there are just as many males and females who have the same feelings... Afterall, why wouldn't they? :) My dream is to find someone I could share such pleasures with, and hopefully one day I will

Anyway... thanks once again, and I look forward to posting much more! :D

T
neil

Re: Just thought I'd say hi!

Post by neil »

Hi Top Cat
I can relate very strongly to your post,as I'm sure,can many others here.The internet is a wonderful thing to enable like minded people to communicate and discover that we are not alone in our idiosyncracies.
Although there are women who have clothing fetishes(for want of a better word),it appears that 90+% of us are male(alas!)
I have a heat fetish(ie I like wearing,and seeing being worn),heavy clothing of all kinds,in addition to rainwear.
Reading in between the lines of your post,I'm wondering if you do too.
I was born in Lancashire and spent my very early years there.Several people I know who share our interest are from this area originally.I'm not sure if this is relevent,but there it is.
Welcome to the group!
plastic-london

Post by plastic-london »

Hello Top Cat ... Yep, nice to know you're not alone. If you explore a bit further on this site, you'll find a few of the members sell their unwanted gear through eBay. I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few sellers on eBay turned out to have a raingear fetish - over the years I've worked out a few who appear to. Like most of us here, people are just very secretive about it - I dread to think what people will make of it when I kick the bucket! :lol:
Best job? Saturday job at motorcycle shop - I was 13. I liked it when it rained and guys came in in their waterproof gear.
Goal? To meet a gay man who likes rainwear and doesn't think it's strange to tog up in my best waterproofs to go to 'bed' :-)
RainyDee

Post by RainyDee »

Hi Top Cat,

Welcome to the forum! Some years ago now I can remember being in exactly your position, thinking that I was the only one who thaught about PVC rainwear, rubber boots and most other protective clothing the way I did, then I got connected to the internet and the first word I typed into a search engine was rainwear, and I haven't looked back since! I'm sure you will quickly discover that we are a friendly bunch on this site with a variety of different fetish interests in rainwear, thanks to this very site I am a lot more self confident about my fetish and find it a lot easier to admit I have it in everyday life, not that it comes up that often!

How far "North" are you? I'm in Dundee, east coat of Scotland and to the best of my knowledge, there are only 3 or 4 other PVC rainwear fetishists up here.

@neil: you can add me to your list of Lancastrian exiles, I was born in Burnley!

RainyDee
top_cat

Post by top_cat »

Thank you all for your kind welcomes! :) Its nice to know we can all banter on here about the same topic.. RainyDee - I'm from the North West, not far from Liverpool and that coast line. Its often raining here during the Autumn/Winter, and if I had the bottle then I would love to wear my welly's more. I'd just feel silly as its currently only a girls fashion - you never see guys doing it, especially at Uni! Haha :P
neil

Post by neil »

Rainwear and wellies never really look out of place on the coast,so don't be afraid of wearing them at any time of the year.
You could take a trip to Southport and look out for OAPs in long macs and plastic rain hoods.
Jjai

Post by Jjai »

Hi Top Cat
Neil is right, you can get away with wearing any sort of raingear at the beach or on the coast - especially Wellies!
Other places where you can wear whatever colour or style of wellies that you like are country parks, nature reserves, places of interest such as national trust sites (Castles etc) and anywhere in the countryside.
I used to look on local maps and see where I could wear my raingear where it would fit in and be accepted normally and the more you wear it the easier it becomes.
The next area's to try wearing it are places you don't normally go to such as a different Tesco shop a few miles from the one you normally use and you will soon find that no-one gives a damn what you wear especially with most of the population dressed in so many styles anyway.

What I thought was the biggest concern was when you bump into someone you know and you imagine that they may make an uncomfortable comment - but the thing is they don't normally especially if it is a real wet day anyway.

Sonner or later though you will reach the great day when you realise no one cares what you are wearing anyway and if you want to spice up your rainwear life you can then go for brighter colours and more extravagant styles - if you would ever want to !
Anyway Top cat welcome to the club.
top_cat

Post by top_cat »

I'm rather lucky in that respect as my sister lives down in Devon, so whenever I go to visit her, we always go for nice walks and the fouler the weather, the nicer it is! I also think attitudes down there are so, so much more different than up here. The main difference is that people really aren't bothered by what you wear anyway, its much more free!