sbr

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
jackstrapped

Re: sbr

Post by jackstrapped »

My wife has three Weather or Not (Valerie & Maurice Vain] SBR mackintoshes, one black, one white and one gray (with a black latex lining), as well as a recent one from Weather vain. The former are the best quality she has ever seen, the latter just a bit lighter in weight. I can't recall the last time she wore one in the rain, but when worn on a cool sunny day she gets a lot of compliments, mainly from other women. She also has a custom knee length SBR from Weather vain that zips up her back with a high buckled collar. Extremely nice, but only worn indoors or under a cape.
I bought her an ankle length black rubber trench with a yellow rubber lining from Rakumar {India}, and she really doesn't care for it. Just worn indoors, occasionally in the bedroom.
rainwearseeker

Post by rainwearseeker »

Can you get a reversible rubber raincoat from RKD where it is completely rubber?
MissRachel

Post by MissRachel »

jackstrapped wrote: July 8th, 2019, 10:41 am My wife has three Weather or Not (Valerie & Maurice Vain] SBR mackintoshes, one black, one white and one gray (with a black latex lining), as well as a recent one from Weather vain. The former are the best quality she has ever seen, the latter just a bit lighter in weight. I can't recall the last time she wore one in the rain, but when worn on a cool sunny day she gets a lot of compliments, mainly from other women. She also has a custom knee length SBR from Weather vain that zips up her back with a high buckled collar. Extremely nice, but only worn indoors or under a cape.
I bought her an ankle length black rubber trench with a yellow rubber lining from Rakumar {India}, and she really doesn't care for it. Just worn indoors, occasionally in the bedroom.
Hello Jackstrapped,
Did you say your wife has a rain coat that zips on the back? That is amazing! Have posted any pictures of this configuration? All this talk of SBR, now I want a heavy, rubber rain coat.
If you missed any of my rain-wear videos have a look here... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCplUP6 ... GRFRzPWLfg
jackstrapped

Post by jackstrapped »

rubnylon2

Post by rubnylon2 »

Sounds wonderful now enjoy them as much as you can