sbr

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
ac192004

sbr

Post by ac192004 »

I know its not a new topic and that I really should be able to find out by some other means, but please please can anyone tell me where I could buy a new sbr raincoat in uk? If its any excuse, I'm actually pretty new to the internet and am struggling a wee bit. Any help really appreciated.

Alan
cmp

Re: sbr

Post by cmp »

Weather Vain Sandycombe Road Kew Gardens London would by a good place to start. Web site is on the net.
Last edited by cmp on March 26th, 2015, 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blackmacjay

Post by blackmacjay »

I agree with cmp and Weathervain may well be your best bet. Costs are an issue so also look at Lakeland Elements and Hamilton Classics.
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

I think Lakeland is now only doing the indian rukmaier company
blackmacjay

Post by blackmacjay »

I agree with spitfire617, I think that Lakeland only sell the Indian product but I believe one of them is an SBR mackintosh.
cmp

Post by cmp »

The Indian product is cheaper but inferior to the Weather Vain product. The two can be currently compared on e-bay. Search Rubber Raincoat.
blackmacjay

Post by blackmacjay »

Once again, I agree with sbr. My wife has 2 mackintoshes from Weathervain, both in Satin-backed rubber, and they are so much better made than others she has.

So, Weathervain costs more but the quality is there to see as the saying goes.
ac192004

Post by ac192004 »

Thanks for all of that. I've had a look at weathervain and really love it - haven't looked there for years and wish I had thought of it first!
girdlegay

Post by girdlegay »

I have just taken delivery of two SBR Macs from RKD India. I also have a Weathervain Mac which I have had for sometime! The quality of the Weathervain Mac is far superior ! However I have found the RKD Macs are equal if not better in the" Rubber odour" and that" Crackly rubber " noise that I enjoy whilst wearing a Mac! Even though synthetic the characteristics given off by these Macs is not dissimilar to natural rubber, which I prefer! And I purchased these at a sale price, half the price of Weathervain !
Craneman

Post by Craneman »

Did you have to order the RKD macks direct from India? It's a pity the Weathervain shop has closed. It was nice to visit and examine the goods before purchasing.