Rainbonnets and headgear

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Elerias

Re: Rainbonnets and headgear

Post by Elerias »

I also like headgear with rainwear. I like that some nylon raincoats of ours have a hood that has a partial clear pvc visor. I also like pvc southwesters, we have a yellow one with white spots!
jmac

Post by jmac »

Not keen on the rain bonnets , but love the souwester type hats my girlfriend has a few that she wears sometimes if we go somewhere that she wont be seen by anyone she knows , ;)
latexstorm

Post by latexstorm »

Sou'westers are a great look, and they are also a lot more practical than hoods. I have a Grunden's sou'wester that I use all the time, and my wife owns a vintage black rubber sou'wester.
fetishmeido

Post by fetishmeido »

I also love sou'westers, rain hats and rain bonnets.

For woman, i think rain hats looks kinda cute, and rain bonnets more a lady style.
mason

Post by mason »

I'm not into rain bonnets as such, but I do like sou'westers and rain hats a lot.

The only problem with rainhats is that they tend to get blown off if it's windy.
RainyDee

Post by RainyDee »

My favourate head gear has to be crash helmets, not very practical if you're just out for a walk I agree! but I love to wear one over the hood of a PVC raincoat, the feel of the PVC being held snuggly against my cheeks by the padding of the helmet is fantastic, I can't wait to get another scooter so I can get out covered in PVC, boots, gloves and a helmet again.
Jenni

Post by Jenni »

I love wearing my matching souwesters and sometimes I put one on undera hood.Will send some pics when I've mastered the procedure.
Jjai

Post by Jjai »

Souwesters are not only perfect to wear under the rain but Don't restrict your head movement as much as a tightly fitting hood I think. Besides hardly anyone normally wears them so they are a wonderful fashion statement also !
sam146

Post by sam146 »

Several of my favourite plastic macs have detachable hoods and I have enjoyed wearing the gamut of rainhats, rainbonnets and souwesters in various downpours. But I still like having my hood up best of all, mainly because of the feel of the PVC against my face and the loud drumming of the rain. I love watching the rain drops gather on the top of my hood and trickle down the front.
latexstorm

Post by latexstorm »

A good sou'wester will have a chin strap that ties or snaps into place. It's even more secure than a hood when it gets really windy!