Rainbonnets and headgear

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Stephie

Rainbonnets and headgear

Post by Stephie » January 25th, 2010, 3:24 pm

Hi all

Just thought I'd re-kindle this topic on the new forum. I love plastic rainbonnets, the cheap visor kind, accordion / pleated, soft vinyl visor, shiny PVC visor, matching soft semi trans head scarves and rubber souwesters. I have all of these and an open faced latex rubber hood (balaclava style).

I've worn rainbonnets and souwesters also out in the rain, which is what their meant for!

What does everyone like or have, and where to you like wearing them? Maybe some photos too? I know Ray's models have a few!!

Cheers

Steve

Elerias

Re: Rainbonnets and headgear

Post by Elerias » January 25th, 2010, 5:15 pm

I also like headgear with rainwear. I like that some nylon raincoats of ours have a hood that has a partial clear pvc visor. I also like pvc southwesters, we have a yellow one with white spots!

jmac

Post by jmac » January 29th, 2010, 12:15 am

Not keen on the rain bonnets , but love the souwester type hats my girlfriend has a few that she wears sometimes if we go somewhere that she wont be seen by anyone she knows , ;)

Stephie

Post by Stephie » January 29th, 2010, 9:00 pm

Hadn't thought about souwesters providing anonymity! I guess they do cover the face quite well

Steve

latexstorm

Post by latexstorm » January 30th, 2010, 9:27 pm

Sou'westers are a great look, and they are also a lot more practical than hoods. I have a Grunden's sou'wester that I use all the time, and my wife owns a vintage black rubber sou'wester.

fetishmeido

Post by fetishmeido » February 4th, 2010, 7:03 pm

I also love sou'westers, rain hats and rain bonnets.

For woman, i think rain hats looks kinda cute, and rain bonnets more a lady style.

mason

Post by mason » February 5th, 2010, 6:20 am

I'm not into rain bonnets as such, but I do like sou'westers and rain hats a lot.

The only problem with rainhats is that they tend to get blown off if it's windy.

RainyDee

Post by RainyDee » February 5th, 2010, 10:16 am

My favourate head gear has to be crash helmets, not very practical if you're just out for a walk I agree! but I love to wear one over the hood of a PVC raincoat, the feel of the PVC being held snuggly against my cheeks by the padding of the helmet is fantastic, I can't wait to get another scooter so I can get out covered in PVC, boots, gloves and a helmet again.

Jenni

Post by Jenni » February 5th, 2010, 12:26 pm

I love wearing my matching souwesters and sometimes I put one on undera hood.Will send some pics when I've mastered the procedure.

Jjai

Post by Jjai » February 5th, 2010, 8:09 pm

Souwesters are not only perfect to wear under the rain but Don't restrict your head movement as much as a tightly fitting hood I think. Besides hardly anyone normally wears them so they are a wonderful fashion statement also !