A few of my cagoules

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Cagoule

Re: A few of my cagoules

Post by Cagoule » October 20th, 2016, 3:35 pm

Why is it that we all love the smocks best? I love the Peter Storm ones (both trad and the recent Size remakes). Against the skin is best and full rainsuit. I mainly wear 2 layers...

annabell-cagoule

Post by annabell-cagoule » October 24th, 2016, 4:00 pm

Over the head cagoules are always the best, maybe it is because there is no front zip so there is more nylona or plastic against your skin or that feeling your slipping into your cagoule which sometime feels like its almost trapping you :)
Lets get swishy!

Domino

Post by Domino » November 19th, 2016, 10:38 am

SPAMMER AT LARGE

merv

Post by merv » November 19th, 2016, 10:37 pm

Domino wrote:SPAMMER AT LARGE
we havent had one for a while so I suppose it was due

Cagoule78

Post by Cagoule78 » June 17th, 2017, 2:22 pm

Wow. Those are the best cags ever. In my opinion the true definition of a cagoule. I remember summer holidays when I was a kid and we would all have one, all the same with the stripes down the arm. Those were the days. I absolutely agree with previous replies about the inside being shinier the better it definitely feels better against the skin. I'd give anything to put anyone of those on again. These days I find regatta cags satisfying. Went to Blackpool a few years ago and bought myself a new regatta off Amazon and got the wife a matching one in pink. She'd never worn one in my presence before and questioned why I'd bought it. I just said it was a really good deal if you got 2 together. I couldn't take my eyes off her in Blackpool, we happened to have a bit of rain also so made it more special. At home needless to say I'd slip it on whenever she went out for a while. I was gutted when she said she was going to give it to charity.

YKK

Post by YKK » June 18th, 2017, 4:52 pm

yoade2002 wrote:
June 17th, 2017, 2:22 pm
Wow. Those are the best cags ever. In my opinion the true definition of a cagoule........ with the stripes down the arm. Those were the days.
Yay!, always nice to hear someone else loves these cagoules. Most people on this forum are into PVC macks and suchlike.
Seems to be little to no love for the old blue cagoules with the narrow 1 inch wide 3 stripe ribbon down the arms.

Sophie-Cagoule

Post by Sophie-Cagoule » July 15th, 2017, 5:23 am

Have put some up for sale in my shop :) in our premloved area from my collection i am thinging down.

Have a blue one and red one with the stripes, £5 each

Cagoule78

Post by Cagoule78 » July 28th, 2017, 4:42 am

YKK wrote:
September 7th, 2016, 7:54 pm
MacsAndPies wrote:Hi Discoruss,
The royal blue cagoule with white stripes down the arms was my alltime favourite.(
The royal blue and navy blue cagoules with the 1 inch wide, 3 stripe ribbon down the arms, white or metal zips and white drawstrings with bell shaped bobbles on the end of the cords. Oh and noisy nylon of course and really glossy waterproofing inside.
An absolute standard back in the day they must have been manufactured in the millions back then.
I'm surprised just how few have appeared on ebay over the years.
:cry: I bet loads have ended up in landfill.
The blue one in the middle gets me going. The others don't seem to have such shiny glossy linings.

NylonMack

Post by NylonMack » July 28th, 2017, 9:15 am

Bet they make wonderful sounds.

YKK

Post by YKK » July 29th, 2017, 8:20 pm

NylonMack wrote:
July 28th, 2017, 9:15 am
Bet they make wonderful sounds.
They squeal like a stuck pig.