Rainmac, Midhurst, UK

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
pvc_pete

Rainmac, Midhurst, UK

Post by pvc_pete »

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone else had been to this shop. I was driving through Midhurst earlier this week and thought i'd try and find the shop. The window display was great, lots of colourful shiny pvc macs and clear umbrellas. Unfortunately the shop looked closed, so i went round the back and the two staff were just closing up and leaving (they shut at 5 not 5.30). However they offered to open up again and stay and help which i thought was great. I declined the offer as i wanted to have a good browse and although i'm sure they wouldn't have pressured me i said i'd pop back.

All in all very impressed with the first albeit short visit. I'll be returning. They also do lots of nylon rainwear which i like too.

Anyone else been there? Any comments?

Pete
delboy

Re: Rainmac, Midhurst, UK

Post by delboy »

I have visited their shop a couple of times and my wife purchased a red PVC mac from them and she was very satisfied.

The staff are very pleasant and helpful and I would happily recommend them.

DB
angelamac

Post by angelamac »

Hi Pete
I am a regular, about twice a year, at Rainmac. I usually try on several macs and yes they are friendly. I have bought three nylon macs, all hooded and ladies as they fit much better. I have tried on a few pvc macs and will probably buy one sometime. They are used to guys buying macs, they do have mens if you prefer. A SA said once that they sell more pvc macs to men than women, they don't have the pvc macs in mens styles.
Angela
vecara

Post by vecara »

Cann somebody send link to their website ?

vecara
rainweargirl8

Post by rainweargirl8 »

wear is midhurst please.
pvc_pete

Post by pvc_pete »

Midhurst is in West Sussex, south of Haslemere.

The two assistants (one i think was the manager or maybe owner) were very friendly even though they were shutting up. i'll have to go back during the day and have a browse.

Pete