Getting my wife to join me in waders.

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
waderdude71

Getting my wife to join me in waders.

Post by waderdude71 »

When we first married my wife was aware of my waders intrest but did not want to join in with me,however should she would allow to wear my waders around the house a couple o times a month.The first few times were a little strange but after a while it became almost normal.After a couple of years of marriage i was having a waders evening when she came into the living room and asked if i liked her new outfit,when i turned around she was dressed in a pair of chestwaders.Talk about surprised and i had to say i really did like the outfit.I asked why the change of mind and she explained how i liked wearing them and thought she would see why,she had tried my chestwaders on whilst i was at work and had been really surprised by how they had made her feel so she spent a few days wearing mine and then bought a pair for herself in her size.They had arrived that day and she wondered if i liked them.That was several years ago now and we spend alot of time in our waders together.
Peter Haaswijk

Re: Getting my wife to join me in waders.

Post by Peter Haaswijk »

Happy man !

I wish I could get my wife so far in wearing a cape in stead of waders after 25 years marriage!
Greetings, Peter
waderdude71

Post by waderdude71 »

Yes I am am happy man,I can now wear my waders much more often,my wife does not wear them as often as i do,but we will both wear them together at least once a week.I will normally get in from work and she will already have a pair on and I am sent to dress in whatever pair she has picked out for me.I generally try wear them at least 2 to 3 times a week.
wornoutwellies

Post by wornoutwellies »

You certainly are a lucky fella Waderdude....One of the sad things about this forum is how many are NOT able to share their love of rainwear, whatever form it takes, with thier partners.
makes me feel fortnate; my g/f & I met wearing wellies in bookshop........The rest is history. You into wellies & waders or just the latter? Do you go out & about in hem much?
Anyway, best wishes to you both.
waderdude71

Post by waderdude71 »

Its just waders that we like with a bit of rainwear sometimes.It is something that we only do at home really but i have jet washed the driveway in chestwaders with a rainsuit over thetop of them that was good fun.