Finally some rain!

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Bill_P

Finally some rain!

Post by Bill_P »

Been rather uncomfortably dry here in America's Dairyland lately. Never mind the lack of excuse to wear rainwear, it also means having to water all the plants since my wife's still recovering from shoulder surgery...fortunately we finally figured out how to get the sprinkler system to work after almost a year in our new house!

So I was certainly glad to receive a decent soaking yesterday, showers in the morning that tapered off to light sprinkles by around 11 AM, but then more steady showers from about noon to 3 PM, which necessitated that raincoats be worn to church, and given the relatively cool temperatures I grabbed our heavier full length macs - my navy double texture cotton, & the wife's red double texture satin. My wife complained that it's still summer & too early in the season to wear something so heavy, but I convinced her she needed something warmer. Since our raincoats lacked hoods I grabbed my umbrella & her clear PVC rain hat, which came in handy by the time we arrived as the rain had picked back up & the parking lot was rather full. Sadly no other sightings of note - a friend of my wife's wore a cute fuschia floral print microfiber cotton raincoat with a matching rain hat & purple wellies, and another middle aged woman wore a short yellow cotton trench, but other than that just the usual bland black & khaki cotton/polyester trench coats & a sea of mostly black umbrellas, a few teen/twentysomething girls wore their wellies, but no raincoats. Shouldn't have come as a surprise to me, but I was still disappointed.

On the way out of church we ran into some of our family, and the wife of one of my wife's younger cousins complimented her on how pretty her raincoat looked on her - which of course gave me a sense of vindication in my wardrobe choices for the day.

I'd post a picture so you can judge for yourselves, but my wife is extremely camera shy when it comes to wearing raincoats, especially if she has an inkling about what I'd be planning to do with said picture.