How and when did your fetish begin?

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
MissRachel

Re: How and when did your fetish begin?

Post by MissRachel »

furryhood wrote: May 4th, 2019, 2:56 pm Well... I blame my parents totally!! Don't know how old, but probably 6 or 7, in the early sixties, I was the younger of two, my sister was 3yrs older, and as times were hard, I quite often ended up with her hand me downs, especially her anoraks and macs. This was the era of the diamond quilted hooded drawstring type that many kids wore. She had a shiny brown one, with a fur trimmed hood, which once outgrown, was forced onto me. I remember absolutely hating being made to wear it. The more I protested the worse it got, with the threat, then being made, to wear the hood up and fastened as a 'punishment'!
At first, I really hated it, but I remember, after a few episodes finding it a rather nice 'feeling' being made to put it all on. Eventually it almost became a game, which of course I secretly now enjoyed! Next came her shiny pvc mac and soon after a very gloopy dark blue shiny rubberised anorak. All of them of course, I hated, doing my utmost to refuse to wear, blah blah..... I now had a small collection of my most favourite (hated) attire, and would often be made to 'choose' my punishment! Thinking back I suspect my mum and dad probably had probably sussed me out! Im now 60+. Luckily with a wonderful lady who does nt give a hoot about my funny little habits, her comment being 'its harmless, it makes me happy, and it could be so much worse!' So my wardrobe is stuffed full of shiny hooded pvc, vinyl, macs, anoraks, jackets, one piece suits, all hooded and some fur trimmed, I also love hooded puffas etc etc. Even she has her own collection. Shiny vinyl fur trimmed hooded puffas are so acceptable streetwise now, luck us...…...x
It never ceases to amaze me how some one on the other side of the world (I live in Texas by the way) can have nearly the same experiences.
If you missed any of my rain-wear videos have a look here... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCplUP6 ... GRFRzPWLfg
raincoatboy

Post by raincoatboy »

I live in Texas too. I just wish it were more like Seattle, cool and wet.
warmac

Post by warmac »

MrDoudy wrote: June 16th, 2019, 11:40 am Like others on here of my generation, it started with my first plastic mac, bought by my mother from Woolworth's when I was age 12 to conserve my expensive navy blue blue school gabardine raincoat that I was only alowed to wear to and from school. At all other times I was made to wear my plastic mac if rain was threatened (or sometimes even if not!). I continued to wear it even after leaving school, on solo hitch-hiking holidays both in UK and abroad and never seemed to be short of lifts both from men and women, when in my plastic mac. I realise with hindsight I probably missed some opportunities! When I bought a motor scooter for going to work I continued to wear my plastic mac being unable yet to afford proper motorcycle clothes, and my colleagues at work would comment on this. Strictly brought up, I'd long suppressed the urges that came with wearing my plastic mac and it was only when I branched out to shiny black PVC macs of which I bought two from Exchange and Mart, and got to share a bedsitting room with another man my age to whom I lent one that I succumbed to the temptations these types of rainwear presented.
Yes, a lot of us seem to have had the pleasure of being buttoned into a plastic mac when we were growing up. I also had to wear a mac over my decent coat - it was the thing to be done back then. Thanks for sharing this, I still wear a plastic mac.
mmboots

Post by mmboots »

I remember - when I was a child (under 10 yrs old) - that I didn‘t „like“ to wear wellington boots at all. Don‘t know why anymore. But I once refused wearing some yellow wellies nearly crying. Now that I write it, maybe it was my elder sisters boots and that was the reason? Because on the other hand I remember once having a blue pair of wellies which I liked but was kind of ashame to wear them. When it was raining I always asked my mother if I should wear wellies but she never said „yes“, only „its your decission“. I also remember once walking behind a mum and her child wearing both wellies and raincoat and I liked this look.

Anyway, raingear never played a big part in my childhood. Not in reality and not in phantasy. I think between 10 and 15 yrs old I didn‘t own anything but an umbrella but didnt miss them at all. Though when buying new shoes I always looked where the stands with the wellies are situated... Out of the blue one day when I was alone I wondered if I still own a pair of wellington boots. I searched but only found an ugly cheap short pair of my father and a yellow taller pair of my mum. The yellow pair were about one size too small but taller and I still was able to squeeze me into them. From this day for about a year or so when being alone I tried them on and walked in them for some minutes. It was exciting. Again this phase passed and I stopped doing it. What stayed, I started dreaming of buying or wearing wellington boots and this dreams sometimes ended me waken up with a wet short. ;-)

Now I do own several wellington boots and even Hunter waders. What stayed is the phantasy of being told, being forced to wear wellington boots :-). I own raincoats as well, even an SBR Mac - though I hardly wear this coat.
Rives

Post by Rives »

warmac wrote: June 17th, 2019, 10:15 am
MrDoudy wrote: June 16th, 2019, 11:40 am Like others on here of my generation, it started with my first plastic mac, bought by my mother from Woolworth's when I was age 12 to conserve my expensive navy blue blue school gabardine raincoat that I was only alowed to wear to and from school. At all other times I was made to wear my plastic mac if rain was threatened (or sometimes even if not!). I continued to wear it even after leaving school, on solo hitch-hiking holidays both in UK and abroad and never seemed to be short of lifts both from men and women, when in my plastic mac. I realise with hindsight I probably missed some opportunities! When I bought a motor scooter for going to work I continued to wear my plastic mac being unable yet to afford proper motorcycle clothes, and my colleagues at work would comment on this. Strictly brought up, I'd long suppressed the urges that came with wearing my plastic mac and it was only when I branched out to shiny black PVC macs of which I bought two from Exchange and Mart, and got to share a bedsitting room with another man my age to whom I lent one that I succumbed to the temptations these types of rainwear presented.
Yes, a lot of us seem to have had the pleasure of being buttoned into a plastic mac when we were growing up. I also had to wear a mac over my decent coat - it was the thing to be done back then. Thanks for sharing this, I still wear a plastic mac.
I quite agree..... while it was more common, it wasn't an every day event to see children in a full length mackintosh when I was growing up in the 70s and early 80s, however. Being brusquely buttoned up in a plastic or nylon pakamac in an old fashioned shop was a horrid experience at the time but would almost pay good money to repeat that experience with a forceful woman
JellyMan

Post by JellyMan »

Hello all, new member here. Like quite a few people I have been. "Guest" viewer for some time, but decided to join in!

My story is similar to many others. Bed wetting, plastic pants, plastic bed sheets. I remember being attracted to plastic pants being stored in the airing cupboard when I was very young (probably about four). I am not an extrovert with my desires, so don't recall ever having the nerve to put them on myself, but would stroke them when I could. On the topic of rainwear (which is after all the topic of the site) plastic raincoats and especially 80's Jelly Jackets do it for me! I never owned my own plastic wear when younger, but nylon Macs and cagoules served as second best.
WealdenMac

Post by WealdenMac »

Warm airing cupboards generated quite nice "plasticky" smells. I remember once playing with a friend in his bedroom when we were some way beyond the toddler stage and his mum came in to put some newly washed clothes in their airing cupboard. There, neatly folded at the front, were a couple of terry nappies and a pair of boy's extra-large' plastic pants. He looked mortified when he realised I had seen them. Whether they had been kept "just in case" or were still in use I never knew.
JellyMan

Post by JellyMan »

I never thought of that, but now you come to mention it, I do recall the aroma was always in the room near the airing cupboard door even though it was shut. Back then they had a different smell, I am not sure what it was, but some bath products have a similar smell today. What is weird is that I don't recall actually wearing the pants when in bed, which would have been accompanied by terries (not something that attracts me), but I do recall being chastised for bed wetting, which you would have thought the nappy and pants would have sorted.
WealdenMac

Post by WealdenMac »

I think the objective back then was to achieve day and night training at an earlier age than is usual now. Regularly washing the paraphernalia of protection would have been a considerable chore without a machine. Hence sometimes the pursuit of hope in the face of experience. Plastic pants were referred to as "noos" in our household on account of the repeated need to buy "new" pairs after it was felt the need for them should have passed. The word still induces a frisson now.
Retinaquester

Post by Retinaquester »

Hello all,

new member here. This thread seems a good place to start.

Like many others my fetish started early in childhood. I am a child of the early eighties.
Rain-wear then was primarily Nylon based. A specific type here in the Netherlands was
AGU Sports Rain wear which had a nylon outside and a smooth white rubberised inside.

My neighbour’s where a childless couple where I could walk in and out, and she had
A AGU clone. I always tried to touch her raincoat when I would get into the hall.
Of course they noticed it and she found it very cute. I have a few pictures where she
put her coat on me. (very much oversized of course).

She even went so far by giving here raincoat to my mother, who was not very pleased
with it only for courtesy she wore it 2 times, but never again.

My aunt had a long real AGU Navy Blue, she knew about my secret, and let me sometimes touch
it. However she kept it well tucked away and was not really supportive. But every visit
would keep me on the lookout if she had it hanging in the hall.

All this touching led to a funny smooth sensation, but nothing special. That changed around
12 years old that's when it became more and more a sexual thing. Unfortunately AGU rain wear
were by then already a thing of the past.

Lucky I managed to get my hand on a few.