How and when did your fetish begin?

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Straitjacketed

(Deleted)

Post by Straitjacketed »

(Deleted)
Last edited by Straitjacketed on December 30th, 2021, 9:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rives

Re: How and when did your fetish begin?

Post by Rives »

So many parallels with my own experiences..... made to sit in a pushchair with one of these covers after I'd broken my foot aged 6 and made to wear a bright red pushchair cover with a tightly fitted hood. And then a series of nylon pakamacs right up to 17 years old. So many stories and experiences.....
furryhood

Post by furryhood »

Well... I blame my parents totally!! Don't know how old, but probably 6 or 7, in the early sixties, I was the younger of two, my sister was 3yrs older, and as times were hard, I quite often ended up with her hand me downs, especially her anoraks and macs. This was the era of the diamond quilted hooded drawstring type that many kids wore. She had a shiny brown one, with a fur trimmed hood, which once outgrown, was forced onto me. I remember absolutely hating being made to wear it. The more I protested the worse it got, with the threat, then being made, to wear the hood up and fastened as a 'punishment'!
At first, I really hated it, but I remember, after a few episodes finding it a rather nice 'feeling' being made to put it all on. Eventually it almost became a game, which of course I secretly now enjoyed! Next came her shiny pvc mac and soon after a very gloopy dark blue shiny rubberised anorak. All of them of course, I hated, doing my utmost to refuse to wear, blah blah..... I now had a small collection of my most favourite (hated) attire, and would often be made to 'choose' my punishment! Thinking back I suspect my mum and dad probably had probably sussed me out! Im now 60+. Luckily with a wonderful lady who does nt give a hoot about my funny little habits, her comment being 'its harmless, it makes me happy, and it could be so much worse!' So my wardrobe is stuffed full of shiny hooded pvc, vinyl, macs, anoraks, jackets, one piece suits, all hooded and some fur trimmed, I also love hooded puffas etc etc. Even she has her own collection. Shiny vinyl fur trimmed hooded puffas are so acceptable streetwise now, luck us...…...x
Andyf08

Post by Andyf08 »

Straitjacketed wrote: May 3rd, 2019, 2:56 pm
Andyf08 wrote: July 25th, 2018, 8:39 am My fetish started very young. Young enough to be still made to sit in a pushchair. When out I had to wear a mothercare wet weather coverall in bright red nylon. It had a long black zip right up to my neck with a hood with a nice big peak on the hood. I used to love wearing that.
Tickled to read this because, while I never had one of those pushchair coveralls, I remember, as a young kid in the early '70s, seeing them in the Mothercare catalogue and feeling... intrigued. By then, I was a little too old for pushchairs but something about the concept of being "trapped" beneath crackly red plastic with only one's partially hooded face visible fascinated me. I'm not sure why but the combination of being uncomfortably hot, wrapped in pungent fabric and unable to get free was a situation I really wanted to try for myself.

A bit older - maybe the first or second year of primary school - I remember a boy in my class wearing a shiny black anorak with a hood and being very proud of it. In the playground, a couple of other boys played a trick on him where one grabbed his arms from behind and the other, quick as a flash, pulled the drawstrings of his hood tight and knotted them so only his mouth and nose were free; he was effectively blindfolded. He had no option but to try to unpick the knot with his nails.

It's always a bit difficult to say for sure whether those things cause the rainwear fetish or whether they're just the earliest fetish-related memories. There may have been even earlier examples I just can't recall. I do know my interest in bondage dates back slightly earlier - I remember playing kindergarten pretend games with a girl the same age where she was a princess and I was a robber who got caught stealing her treasure and chained up in prison - and there's always been an intertwining of that and my interest in tough, shiny, impermeable clothing that could restrain or somehow trap the wearer: wanting to take off/get out of the clothing but being unable to do so.

As I've got older, I've recognised that within that overlap there's also an element of humiliation linked to that, particularly around the idea of being forced to wear distinctive wet weather clothing in public; maybe that's the "sissy" aspect of having to wear a raincoat and, God knows, a sou'wester in front of one's peers, as a kid. Like others in this thread, I went through a phase of absolutely refusing to have anything to do with clothes made from the materials that (I later recognised) turned me on. I think I, like some others, eroticised that embarrassment.

So... somehow all of that coalesced into a fetish for rainwear. I like the sensory elements - the way light reflects from my favourite gear, the sound it makes when I move in it, the smell of new PVC or oilskin, the way it's cold then warmer on my skin - and, perverse as it might seem, I like the fact that it can make me feel uncomfortable, physically and psychologically. It can make me hot, red-faced and sweaty (especially with hood up and tied tightly so I can't easily undo it even if the sun starts to shine). It can make me self-conscious (try wearing a Stutterheim Opal on the Tube!) but I love it when I have no option but to deal with all of that.
A couple of years ago I had a few months of using a wheelchair and a rain cover. I was involved in an accident and broke both my arms and a number of fingers on both hands, also my pelvis was broken which resulted in surgery and leaving me having to wear adult nappies and plastic pants. One of my wifes friends offered her an old wheelchair that her mum had. She brought it round and it had 3 lots of restraints on it which she said could be taken off but suggested it would help me if left on so I did not slip. She gave her a package which had a rain cover in. The first day I had to use it I was not happy at having the restraints on so we did not use them but soon found I slipped and wife put them on, secretly I was turned on wearing them. Had a chest restraint, waist restraint and ankle restraints. When we got out of the car it was raining wife said we should use the rain cover it was a ladies cover and was bright pink. Wife found it very difficult to get on and I got very wet. After this wife said we should keep it on as it is then quicker to put over me. Every day after that when we went out she put the cover over me and like my childhood it had a long zip that done upto my neck. The hood was huge and when the ties were done up it almost covered my face. It was humiliating wearing it but did enjoy the humiliation.
ilikecoated

Post by ilikecoated »

And how did you like wearing the plastic pants underneath ? Did you manage to make them ugly and brittle ?
TStorm56

Post by TStorm56 »

Well, I have to say that my interest for rainwear started in my childhood although at the time, I was not fully aware of it, I just liked wearing my yellow raincoat indoors and outdoors (when raining!). During my teenage years the interest really took off, I had quite a few raincoats and rainsuits. During college is when I started to create a "collection" of rainwear, which I still add to today. My collection is getting quite big, so I may wind up selling some of the rainwear I have that is rarely ever worn or used. I enjoy the heavy rains of the spring and summer, it's quite exhilarating to be out during a massive downpour in a rainsuit.
Andyf08

Post by Andyf08 »

ilikecoated wrote: May 9th, 2019, 5:18 pm And how did you like wearing the plastic pants underneath ? Did you manage to make them ugly and brittle ?
Hated wearing them, so hot and sweaty but had to wear them. I think they are ugly but what could I do, kept the wetness in and also the smell.
ilikecoated

Post by ilikecoated »

I think it makes a big difference whether you have to wear things like that or if you want to wear them.
The same accounts for the sweating. There are quite a few members here who like the sweating effect of plastic garments.
Latexcpl

Post by Latexcpl »

I cam across this over a week ago and it's something I haven't thought about for a while. Upon letting my mind wander, what's clear for me is there are a number of events that could have been the start and i can't pinpoint one of them to be the catalyst or even recognising it as a fetish.

I can remember times wearing my mums rubber gloves from under the sink, wearing shiny rain coats, wrapping myself up tightly in pool inflatable toys (lilo for example). All could be drivers but I am finding it hard to say, this is when it began.

I suppose my first 'boom' moment from a sexual context was finding out I could encase myself in a rain coat, knees to chest, pull the draw strings to close the bottom, same with the hood and that was me done - quite literally. The struggle of getting in and trying to move around inside it added to the excitement. Add in a few rubber items like gloves and swimming hat (when they were latex, no neoprene or silicone) then that could be the main driving moment.

Either way, after a mental struggle at 18, Im glad to say it was all worth it.
warmac

Post by warmac »

Like a lot of people here, my fetish began when I was very young.For as long as I can remember, I have loved the sensation of being fastened into a plastic raincoat. Growing up in the late 1960's/'70's, a lot of people wore plastic macs and even when there was only the slight possibility of rain, I would wear mine fully buttoned. I loved the warm security the plastic gave me along with the tingling sensations only a lover of such items can fully understand.