Loads of rainwear at Brands Hatch

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
RainyDee

Loads of rainwear at Brands Hatch

Post by RainyDee »

While I was watching the very wet British Touring Car Championship races from Brands Hatch at the weekend I was pleased to see that all the stewards and marshalls were suitably dressed in thier bright orange PVC suits, there were so many of them that I missed parts of the races due to watching all the rainwear around the track instead of the cars! Sadly, there were still far to many umbrellas in the crowd, why do people use these useless things? is vanity really that much of an issue, or are they just following the fashion sheep who wouldn't be seen in practicle plastic? You can see the highlights of the PVC people - oops! I mean races here http://www.itv.com/sport/btcc/racevideo ... fault.html
plasphil

Re: Loads of rainwear at Brands Hatch

Post by plasphil »

I also watched the BTCC as the only sport I am interested in has to have an engine and at least two wheels!
I was a little dissapointed that we didn't see more of Louise Goodman talking to people in the pits. She was sensibly wearing a black PVC mac but unfortunately the cameraman didn't seen to go below shoulder level.

Phil.
KnI

Re: Loads of rainwear at Brands Hatch

Post by KnI »

Although I dont personally care for an umbrella just for the reason if you need two hands to do something, well, one is already taken up carrying the umbrella, but what would really piss me off is if I went to an event and the person sitting in front of me had an umbrella blocking my view. Glad to hear some people were dressed for the rain though.