Blue friggin Monday

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Janine

Blue friggin Monday

Post by Janine »

Absolutely gutted this morning! Euphoria at rare UK style weather hitting Johannesburg yesterday – wet and cold – and the opportunity to wear my latex blouse and SBR with boots, turned to horror when I returned home last evening to find that my apartment had been burgled. Jewellery, perfumes and clothing cleaned out – amongst them my collection of macs. Absolutely heartbroken – some of them treasures and are no longer replaceable. The only clothing left to me was that in the laundry basket and of course my kinky apparel from last night!! Would be perfect if the weather forecast for today was a continuation of wet cold weather but alas sunshine predicted for later.
I desperately need to replace. Please let me know of any contemplated sales of redundant macs that you may have – interested in anything – trenchcoats or capes - as long as it is rubber lined.
Isn’t it strange that I am more impacted by the loss of my treasured macs than the loss of perfumes and jewellery? Must be more of a rubber fetishist than I realised. Spare a thought for me this morning.
Love to you all,
Janine
mason

Re: Blue friggin Monday

Post by mason »

Ohhh, I am very sorry to hear that - it's a horrible thing to happen. Please accept our sincere condolences.

If only our gutless pollies would introduce harsher penalties for convicted bastard burglars - including mandatory asset confiscation (to go towards victim compensation), serious jail time and - not everybody will agree with me here - cut off their right hand.

It's the only way to deal with scum like these and teach them that we're serious about tackling such gutless, heartless crimes like house burglary.

I'm surprised though they took your raincoats - maybe they guessed they might be worth some money?

Keep checking e-bay, local auction sites or markets. They may turn up there.
greg

Post by greg »

I agree that you should keep your eyes open on ebay and similar in case they try to sell them on.

Sorry hear about your burglary and hope you get everything back.

Greg
pete

Post by pete »

What a terrible feeling of violation that is - we've had it happen.

~ Report it to the police. Even if they don't do anything, an accumulation of reports in your neighborhood may spur some action.
~ I hope you had insurance.
~ In addition to watching on ebay, go to pawn shops or second-hand stores in your area, and give them a list of the things that were taken. Being proactive here may work for you.

Some years ago we had some things taken including quite a few silver dollars. My wife notified the local grocery stores and banks, and a couple of days later one bank called us - someone had changed the silver dollars, and we not only had them returned but got a license number of the car involved - they had used the drive-through window.
- Pete
latexstorm

Post by latexstorm »

Definitely don't give up hope of finding the macs. When you think about it, there are fewer places to fence that sort of thing than, say, a stolen TV. Maybe a handful of consignment/secondhand shops in your area, and then eBay. Wishing you luck!
Janine

Post by Janine »

Thanks all. I was insured but that doesn't replace irreplaceable garments!! This is Africa after all - the garments have all disappeared into the ghettoes and townships by now. Thank you all for your concern though. Much appreciated. Love Janine,