excellent weather forecast for tomorrow...

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
mason

excellent weather forecast for tomorrow...

Post by mason »

for rain in Melbourne!!

Taken from the Bureau of Meteorology's website just now: Cloudy. Areas of rain developing around midday, easing to isolated showers by early evening. Winds northerly averaging 35 to 45 km/h tending westerly up to 30 km/h during the afternoon.

The radar shows a huge band of cloud approaching Victoria and it should arrive around lunchtime (hopefully earlier) tomorrow.

I'm seriously considering taking the day off everything and going out to enjoy the predicted rain - what should I wear? I'm thinking about being really bold and just going for it... I might wear my PVC-U-LIKE plastic panties, with my two-piece Spartain rainsuit from the Philippines over those followed by a pair of yellow heavy PVC bib pants and matching jacket - so I can't take anything off until I return home!

I would wear my super shiny near-ankle-length yellow PVC-U-LIKE raincoat over these instead of my more conservative bib pants/jacket but it's a little too out there.

Thoughts/suggestions, anybody?
mason

Re: excellent weather forecast for tomorrow...

Post by mason »

Well, the rain arrived more or less on time around mid afternoon and I changed in the car after enjoying lunch at my fave Vietnamese resto...

I wore my PVC-U-LIKE panties with my yellow-orangey two-piece Spartain rainsuit from the Philippines over those followed by my near-ankle-length yellow PVC-U-LIKE raincoat teamed with my multi-coloured polka-dot rainboots!!

They looked awesome with my raincoat!! I know this very quiet parkland where hardly any people ever go, so I walked down the track to rejoin the Yarra River on the opposite side of the much more popular Dights Falls park which is normally quite heavily patronised (a cycle path runs through it) where I splashed through a few puddles and even waded through the running water.

The plastic just felt great but the wind and rain was just too cold to really apppreciate it - next time, I'll just wear my normal clothes underneath everything. I also got very sweaty changing in the enclosed confines of my car too.

It was the first time that I'd ever warn proper rainboots with my rainwear. I don't know why I left it so long because I never realised until now how nice they look and feel - never mind how WATERPROOF they are!! It was absolute bliss not squishing along in saturated sneakers (geez, I love that alliteration) and not being forced to watch every step I take in case of puddles.

I just wish I could wear my rainboots in more public locales but they are just a little too girly *sigh* - why are people so judgemental about what others wear?

My boots and raincoat are dirty now so I'll have to clean everything later - not withstanding that more rain is forecast for tomorrow!!
Elerias

Post by Elerias »

I never worn wellies myself but I keep telling myself I should buy a pair since I too suffer from saturated sneakers when I go for a walk in the rain. I think I will just go for conservative matt dark green (of black) though..
merv

Post by merv »

black wellies the way forward for men, not that I wear them often, trainers so much easier and if they get wet so what
mason

Post by mason »

Very good point, mate - only there's several snags:

1) My sneakers cost heaps - muddy water and rain really don't enhance their longevity

2) I absolutely hate getting my feet and socks wet: it's not a great feeling

3) I don't have to worry about puddles if I'm wearing rainboots.

They really do make so much difference!
Peter Haaswijk

Post by Peter Haaswijk »

Hi Elerias and other people,
It is not good to walk with wet feet, you can catch a cold, and worser, you can get blisters (Dutch : Blaren) .
That's own experience. :o
I have Dunlop boots, dark green, knee high .
greetings, Peter
latexstorm

Post by latexstorm »

And once you get that wet-sneaker smell in them, you never get it out.

My wellies are good for tromping around the yard. If I'm actually going out somewhere, I'll usually wear my knee-high Le Chameau rubber riding boots. And if I'm out in really bad weather, or just feeling kinky, I'll wear my rubber hip waders. Nothing gets through those!