Be safe with your forum posts

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
rainwear-experience

Re: Be safe with your forum posts

Post by rainwear-experience »

-
Last edited by rainwear-experience on October 5th, 2021, 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
KnI

Post by KnI »

Even be safe when it comes to posting your e-mail address. An old e-mail address that I had, I posted a comment in a guestbook and sure enough, when I look up either my e-mail address or even my yahoo user id, they will come up in places where I posted a comment. For instance, I commented on a couple of Masons pics on Flickr, but other pics that I saw that I would have liked to have made a comment, I wont cause I know it could be found by any of my family/friends who know I have that particular id as a user name. Give it a try, look up your e-mail address or user names from yahoo or whatever msgr you have in Google and see what comes up. I've actually vowed to myself not to search my friends names/user id's as I'm giving them their privacy. Someone else might look, but I wont.

I hope everything will be ok with you Steve.
pete

Post by pete »

I'm pretty careful what I post online too, because my wife isn't into my plastic thing, and I wouldn't want any of her friends or our family members to run across something I'd posted and ask her about it. If I was just worried about myself I would be more open.
- Pete
fetishmeido

Post by fetishmeido »

Some years ago, i used the same email/msn messenger adress for "normal" forums and contacts as well for fetish ones.
Since a few years i always use anonymous nicknames and multiple email/messenger adresses.
One "normal" and one for fetish use.
You can never be too careful.
fetishmeido

Post by fetishmeido »

Don't worry, it will blow over.

It's very important to let go of those "they might find out/find me" thoughts, and keep having fun on those forums/websites. :)
From my experiences with fetish/bdsm forums; if other people are really interested in finding a fetish/bdsm forum and accidentally finding a relative or a friend, what are "they" doing on that fetish/bdsm forum in the first place then? ;)