Forum therapy

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
angelamac

Re: Forum therapy

Post by angelamac »

Stephie
I identify so much with your post I just had to reply. I have a wife also who partly tolerates my 'funny ways' as she calls them. She allows me to do my own thing while at home on my own but will only just put up with me wearing a mac while out with her provided it is a little conservative in colour and style, eg navy or black maybe dark green, all mine are ladies and with hoods and nearly all nylon. I have one wardrobe for my macs, red being my favourite colour, and one for my skirts and dresses with a drawer for tops etc. I also love shoes.
Like you I have the house to myself most mornings as my wife goes out early to work and I work from home. This morning I am afraid I haven't got past the nightdress stage but am trying to decide what to wear. I generally take a mac with me when I go out if the weather forcast is for possible rain as it is this afternoon. I think I'll take my light green Dannimac in crinkle nylon a beautiful find recently in a charity shop.
Angela
pete

Post by pete »

I had the house to myself most of the day too. In the morning I wore my blue plastic dress - over plastic pants of course. I had to wash a polyurethane rain jacket that I sold on ebay, so I wore a plastic apron too.

In the afternoon I wore a soft clear plastic tank top and a pale pink translucent skirt over clear plastic pants. A most relaxing day.
- Pete
angelamac

Post by angelamac »

Hi Stephie
Good to hear from you and about your outing. I went out twice yesterday with my wife. Unfortunately I missed the showers. I did carry my red 'Rainmac', nylon PU coated and hooded, on both occasions, which received the usual sarcastic comment, I replied that it needed an airing. The weekend before I did manage to wear, and my wife with me, my Dannimac ladies navy hooded nylon mac all day and carry my sholder bag also a ladies item.
I guess I am at least a TV if labels matter. Unfortunately I think of myself as a person who has the right and hopefully freedom to wear what I like and were. However I do have to consider my family in all this. Leaving this aside I do like to wear what are I guess designed for the female body, at least when on my own and not working. The other problem, if it is, is that I would never 'pass' for being female due to various reasons such as build etc etc. Leaving this aside I just feel more comfortable and 'me' while wearing a raincoat or other items of feminine style. I do often wear a red or gold or other fem coloured mac while out and have also on a couple of occasions worn a skirt and boots with my mac fully open. As I write this I am wearing a red wool dress high heels and my 'new' beige mac, which I bought recently in a thrift store in the US. Its rubberised nylon and almost new condition, its quite plain but with puffy shoulders and of course makes an amazing rustle sound.
I too live in the SE. and would be interested in a meet but it would have to be during the day time.
Angela