when did it last rain?

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
merv

when did it last rain?

Post by merv »

here in the east of England, abit like much of the rest of the country I believe, there has been no worthwhile rain for weeks, almost blue sky every day so no point going out in rainwear.
Anybody getting rain in there part of the world? And having the chance to be out enjoying it?
mason

Re: when did it last rain?

Post by mason »

We received some good rain last night - but I was stuck at home at the time :-(

We also got sone nice showers this evening so I took the opportity to pull on my glass clear raincoat and visit the newsagent to buy some lotto tickets - where the clerk asked where i got my raincoat from!! She really liked it too - so that made my evening.

The Philippines has also been bone dry - it hasn't rained for months now other than occasional showers. Henry won't be happy...

Richel was complaining that they are receiving brown sludge now from their water taps, so they're not happy either :-(
blackmacjay

Post by blackmacjay »

Yes, it rained here two nights ago in the desert of Arizona.

Go figure!
Jjai

Post by Jjai »

It is due to rain here in South Wales later on tonight but not that much so I will wait until around 1130pm to go for a beach wander together with my Yellow PVC mac for company.
There has'nt been any significant rain here since the end of March but that will no doubt change soon, although perhaps Iceland could do with it more to cool down their volcano !
RainyDee

Post by RainyDee »

Strange though it may sound, but there hasn't been much in the way of rain here on the north east coast of Scotland either, there were quite a few showers yesterday, nothing worth getting dressed up in gear for tho.
kasvelnebus

Post by kasvelnebus »

We had rain here LV, but it was too cold to walk, what +6 C.
neil

Post by neil »

There had been no rain here in Cornwall for 18 days until about 8pm last evening it started.We had a few hours of gentle rain through the night.Today there was the odd bit of drizzle.
People are funny though.It was a few degrees warmer today than it as been,yet this morning there were plenty of people out in coats and waterproofs,yet for the last couple of weeks any kind of coat has been a rare sight.
I went down west and had a walk around and through St Ives dressed in wellingtons,nylon overtrousers and a padded nylon jacket done up, with the hood up most of the time.I was in an especially good mood for some reason until a man in a T shirt said"Why are you dressed up like that,mate?"I resisted the temptation to reply"I'm not your mate and what's it got to f###ing do with you"and made up a story about having an illness which caused me to feel the cold.
Sometimes a remark like that would really spoil my day,but not today.
Peter Haaswijk

Post by Peter Haaswijk »

Hello,
Here in the Western part of the Netherlands the last rain has fallen on 4 th April.That was the last day I wore a raincape and boots ,for about 10 minutes.
Yesterdayand today it rained one hour in the Eastern part of the N.
The weather woman on TV said ,that there is a short of water in the western part,and farmers are begun to spray their land .
greetings ,Peter
stella

Post by stella »

First time user, but watch almost every day with interest!!
Reading your message Merv and others related-we have had no decent rain up north of New Zealand for the past 6 months. Not that it makes much diference re rainwear as we don't have the sexy gear we used to have many years ago. One has to buy it from Cocoon or other such outlets. By the time you have paid the postage it becomes quite expensive. We have one long silvery coat from Cocoon. Very nice & silky too.
JanetandNick

Post by JanetandNick »

Lots of rain now - it's looking good for a muddy weekend!
Janet
Nick and I love meeting other rainwear enthusiasts