Chest waders experiences

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
waders78

Chest waders experiences

Post by waders78 »

Anyone else out there love wearing chest waders? They're the only sort I like to wear - don't see the point in the other ones.
I have seen rainwear girl in a video before wearing nice green chest waders washing the car and getting all soapy - it was very nice, but I can't find it anywhere any more!
It inspired me to wash my car, so I picked the rainiest evening I could and went to a local garage in the middle of no-where dressed in chest waders and thick fishermans jacket. Had to go in to the garage to buy tokens first and the girl behind the counter commented that I looked dressed for the job.
Before I started I put on my long black rubber gloves of course. I have to say it was so much fun! The water was good, but the soapy bubbles just addded to the experience and made it so much better! I would definately recommend it!
Heavy Duty Rainwear, Wellies and Waders for everything rainwear...
RainyDee

Re: Chest waders experiences

Post by RainyDee »

Yes! I love my chesties too, I have5 pairs, 4 are unlined PVC and 1 is unlined rubber, I love to fill the legs to just above the boot tops with warm soapy water spend an afternoon letting the water run up and down the legs as I lounge around in them, my Snowbee "Hi Elastic" PVC waders are the best for this as they are really flexible although all the PVC waders are good for this, not the rubber ones tho!
JanetandNick

Post by JanetandNick »

I have both thighwaders and chestwaders.
The thighwaders are kept polished and are great fun both in bed and outdoors.
The chestwaders are ideal for jumping in muddy puddles!
Janet
Nick and I love meeting other rainwear enthusiasts
wornoutwellies

Post by wornoutwellies »

Hi Janet, thinking about some thigh waders for same reasons as you. Any suggestions as to best make; can't afford a fortune. Liz
JanetandNick

Post by JanetandNick »

Hi Liz,
I got my Hunter thighwaders secondhand for £35 I think it was. They are lovely quality but would probably cost a fortune new.
I have no idea what the next best type would be but I'm sure the guys on the Yahoo group "Muddybootsandrainwear" would give you an expert answer.
Janet
wornoutwellies wrote:Hi Janet, thinking about some thigh waders for same reasons as you. Any suggestions as to best make; can't afford a fortune. Liz
RainyDee

Post by RainyDee »

Hi wornoutwellies,

If you're looking for thigh waders for some kinky fun and don't want to pay a fortune, there's really only one place to look, www.ebay.co.uk, I've just bought these for 99p!! http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... K:MEWNX:IT

@ JanetAndNick,

I've seen the videos of you jumping around in your lovely rainsuits Janet, are there any videos of you in your chest waders?
JanetandNick

Post by JanetandNick »

RainyDee wrote:Hi wornoutwellies,
I've seen the videos of you jumping around in your lovely rainsuits Janet, are there any videos of you in your chest waders?
Actually it had never occurred to me - there are lots of photos of my chestwaders, but you're right, no video.
OK, here's your chance - I need a scenario please!
Janet
wornoutwellies

Post by wornoutwellies »

Thanks Janet; might try them. Rainy- 99p unbelieveable. Day off today so I'll get on the case right away. It's black ones I'm after. Thanks for your encouragement both of you.
latexstorm

Post by latexstorm »

I usually buy the Hodgson rubber thigh waders. They're available at most sporting goods stores, at least in the States, for around $40-45:

http://www.amazon.com/Hodgman%C2%AE-Cas ... B000KPEAVA

Not dirt cheap, but certainly cheap enough to replace them every couple of years -- a necessity since I use them as raingear, and once the rubber starts to crack there's really no good way to repair them.

I bought a more expensive pair of black rubber waders once, but at $100 a pair, they simply don't last long enough to make them worth the cost.
Yellowpvc

Post by Yellowpvc »

I love my Viking rubber chest waders, mine have bright yellow shoulder straps that can be pulled really tight to allow the boots to fit very tight and snug. When you have them tight you can still put waterproof trousers and jacket on over top and to normal passers by in the street it looks like you are wearing a rainsuit with wellies. Great to keep you warm in winter but a bit of a pain when you need the toilet!!