Rainwear colour

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Yellowpvc

Rainwear colour

Post by Yellowpvc »

What colour of raingear is your favourite. I love yellow PVC gear but have orange,green and navy. I always go back to my yellow suits with black wellies! They both look great when just cleaned and shiny
RainyDee

Re: Rainwear colour

Post by RainyDee »

Hi yellowpvc,

For me, it depends on the type of rainwear as different kinds look better in different colours, if I had to choose a personal favourate it would have to be the heavy industrial type rain gear and definately in yellow! When it comes to looking at rainwear instead of wearing it, I love to see women in long shiny macs with matching PVC boots and a sou'wester, red or black really work for me! Then there's the transparent plastic macs and rainsuits, they look thier best in royal blue, especially the really shiny ones! Wellies or waders would have to be black or green if I was wearing them, red, whit or yellow if on a lady!

While I'm here, would you happen to be the same yellowpvc who started a group on yahoo with the same name? if so we exchanged messages a few times not long after you started the group, I was on there as dundeedavie69, welcome to the forum!
Jjai

Post by Jjai »

I think different colours suit different people. Myself when I wear a PVC Mackintosh my favourite colour would be a very shiny dark Navy blue such as my thick heavy PVC raincoat. If I was going to state what colour seems to suit most females I would say Bright Red especially with a matching Souwester or hood. I think Green also suits girls pretty well.

I don't know YellowPVC if you would agree with me but I would say that Yellow raingear looks equally good on either men or women especially as Yellow raingear is more popular worn by males in construction / outdoor work. Black rainwear also suits both sexes equally.

Like everything else though there are exceptions, I have a stunning Bright Red plastic mackintosh which I want to buy Yellow Hunter wellies to go with !
merv

Post by merv »

for me the traditional gents black/grey plastic raincoat is the colour of choice. Ideal to wear out without drawing attention to yourself
sam146

Post by sam146 »

As a lover of see-through plastic macs, all colours appeal, though I am agnostic about silver. The bright blues and bottle greens of the late 70s/early 80s style looked gorgeous, and I will always adore the charcoal grey Pakamac style that I recall from 1960s schooldays. I have a full wardrobe of plastic macs, but I tend to play safe when I venture out in broad daylight downpours, opting most usually for semi-transparent white.
janus

Post by janus »

My current favourite is a dark blue Jentex raincoat. Feels nice, good length and no problems wearing it around town.
mason

Post by mason »

My favourite colour is yellow by far - especially for traditional raincoats

However, I also love glass clear as well.

Shiny red looks terrific on women - especially Asian girls!!
kulshan

Post by kulshan »

As long as it's semi transparent, and sturdy, I'm happy with most any color, however many of the items I wear (indoors) are clear karting rain suits, along with frosty clear poncho's for outdoor events.
neil

Post by neil »

Black is my favourite for all kinds of clothing-closely followed by sombre greys,dark blues and greens.Women look good in the same colours IMO,but maybe with a bright scarf ,gloves, or wellingtons as contrast.
waders78

Post by waders78 »

I love olive-green rainwear - mainly because it's the colour worn by farmers and matches most waders and wellies. I think it comes from my love of rainwear on the farm as a child. It looks a bit unusual and drab around town and in public though, but I don't really care :)
Heavy Duty Rainwear, Wellies and Waders for everything rainwear...