Venice Easter w/e

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
neil

Re: Venice Easter w/e

Post by neil »

Absolutely agree;Italians are the champions of shiny,but you see a lot more of this style of clothing in continental Europe than in the UK.Fortuneately when they visit us they often bring their coats!Moncler and Pamy down coats are wonderful
neil

Post by neil »

Stephie,in my euphoric haze of thinking about Italian clothes I forgot to ask you a question.I hope you don't mind me asking this,but I have a particular liking for seeing people really wrapped up in warm weather.Italians tend to be masters at this too.So,what was the temperature like when you were in Venice,and do you recall any very overdressed people eg long/thick down coat,hoods up,gloves scarves and can you describe them please.Thanks!
pvc_pete

Post by pvc_pete »

Yes we were in france over the weekend and despite it being bright sunshine and clear blue skys on Friday and Saturday, I saw more shiny raincoats and puffa jackets in 2 days than i have in the UK in the last year.

I saw at least 8 women on friday wearing black, red and white pvc or PU raincoats or rainjackets and so many shiny Montcler/Pamy style puffas I lost count. I took a few photos, but we were with friends and I couldn't take photos of random women too often without arousing attention.

I saw almost as many on Saturday. Bizarely Sunday which was colder and had more chance of rain brought fewer raincoats out on the street.

A very enjoyable weekend. I'll upload the few photos i took once i've sorted out my flickr dilemma ( see my other post on this section)

Pete