spectator

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Alicia

spectator

Post by Alicia »

Hi all,

I've not posted anything here for a while, sorry! Anyway my trenchcoat has been having a few outings this past week

Last Sunday my partner was running in a half-marathon and I went to watch. Which is particularly boring as all the runners set oof and nothing happens for an hour until the first guys finish and then its a steady trickle for the next 90minutes. The weather was overcast with a cold breeze but mild out of the wind so I opted for jeans tucked into knee boots, wooly jumper and hat, leather gloves and my debenhams trenchcoat. I've been to a few of these events and eveyone else is always wearing gortex jackets or the like. I thought I was the smartest lady there and to my mind this was dressing down. The rain held off and I was warm and dry enough. The finish area was very crowded with spectators and why do parents insist on bringing their childrens pushcairs. Theres not enough room!!

It's rained all week so my trenchcoat has been keeping me dry on my daily commute and when I pop out at lunchtime. One comment made by a collaegue. She watched the film 'Kramer vs Kramer' on dvd and seeing the scenes of Meryl Streep in the park with trenchcoat and boots reminded her or me. I Googled this and deceided it was a compliment!

Went to Church this morning as its Easter Sunday (only go twice a year) most people looking smartish, me:skirt, jumper, boots, trenchcoat, which I kept on as it was chilly. I could make topical jokes about the priest and choir boys but I won't.

Alicia
wornoutwellies

Re: spectator

Post by wornoutwellies »

Hi Alicia, I also went to Church. It was packed, & I was in jumper, tights, skirt & black pvc mac + of course black wellies (well it did look like rain!). Folks not so posh as they used to be in the younger generation I think.
Jjai

Re: spectator

Post by Jjai »

Why would any guy want to take part in a run when he could have kept you company, admired how good you must have looked in your trenchcoat and still watched the marathon anyway ??
How are you these days Alicia ? it is good to hear from you again.

On the Monday bank holiday I went to Legoland with my daughter near Windsor and although the days was very cloudy with some drizzle most peopledid'nt have any sort of coat at all. Some had bought the paper thin poncho style capes they had on sale but with it being a windy day they did'nt offer much protection especially when they had no sleeves !
You will have to get up to some more wicked fun soon Alicia like a year or two ago, soaking people etc !

Take care
James