'All aboard'!

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
plasphil

'All aboard'!

Post by plasphil »

While doing some research recently I discovered that London Transport sold an old double decker bus to 'Pakamac' Oldham in 1959 for conversation into a mobile showroom. Whilst it would be nice to think that a bus toured the country full of plastic raincoats, I can't help wondering if Pakamac produced anything else other than rainwear, maybe household/kitchen goods etc.?

On a very loose conection to the above...I was in Glasgow last year on a very cold dull grey day. Not the best place to be when you're five hundred miles from home but at least I was homeward bound. My day was brightened up with the sight of a bright pink minibus bearing the slogan 'The Mackintosh Tour'. Obviously not what we're into and as you probably know, Charles Mackintosh was a big name in the field of architecture and design. I must admit that I love to hear the word 'Mackintosh' and see it written in big letters on the side of a bus!!

Phil.
neil

Re: 'All aboard'!

Post by neil »

Rather like when you do a search for "macs"and you get millions of hits about computers.