bored with plastic'pvc.

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
debs37

bored with plastic'pvc.

Post by debs37 »

Hi folks.

I was on last week, and told u all about buying some plastic from pvculike, however Iv wore it alot but this morning I just looked at it and felt no I don't want to wear this anymore.. Hopefully it'll pass.

Im now wondering has anyone ever had feelings this way? to be truthful I just wanna throw the whole lot in the bin, and thats not me, I loved pvc/plastic/latex.

Your thoughts please.

Debs xxx
mason

Re: bored with plastic'pvc.

Post by mason »

Hi Debs,

There really is such a thing as "too much of a good thing"...

There's nothing wrong with you; you're just tired of the same old, same old - just give it a rest for a while and it won't be long before you're eager and chambing at the bit again to feel the cool soft smoothness of plastic caressing your skin again!

I've been there before, but it rarely lasts long. It is however, much more fun when you've got a partner to share it with; that makes all the difference in the world.
pvc_pete

Post by pvc_pete »

Hi Debs,

Don't worry, these feelings come and go. Jane goes for weeks sometimes without the urge to wear her pvc or plastic. Normally it's just that she is stressed at work.

I must have missed your post a few weeks ago about the pvc-u-like purchases. I love the white nightshirt and might have to buy Jane one as a suprise. I love the slight transparency showing the models breasts underneath. Much more sexy that a completely see through one. I hope you wear your the same way!!

Just hang your pvc and plastic clothes up in a wardrobe you use regularly and every time you get dressed your have a reminder of what your missing. After a week or two I bet you'll be craving to get smothered in it again.

Love

Pete & Jane
Agu-Fan

Post by Agu-Fan »

I recognize that feeling Debs i have it once in a while and the good news is that it also goes away after some time.
So don`t worry too much about it, the feeling will come back.
pvcmac

Post by pvcmac »

hi debs
i hope that you soon get over those feelings for the macs, as a lover of shiny cotton backed pvc macs this is bad haha.
what ever you do please don't bin those macs, or if you have any of the older cotton backed pvc macs i would be happy to buy them from you.love dave
wornoutwellies

Post by wornoutwellies »

I've gone through phases like this. Do'nt throw anything away. What others say is true. It will comeback, especially if you happen to see someone out in the street wearing something similar. I even stopped wearin my wellies for a few weeks last year-it soon passed!
pete

Post by pete »

It has been a very long time since I went through phases like that. I agree with everyone else who's posted: it is too expensive to toss any of your plastic garments....at some point you will end up replacing them.
- Pete
evad

Post by evad »

Yeah, I have to agree with everyone... I have thrown all my stuff away twice in the 50 years I've been into this... Last time was 25 years ago, lol! But seriously, Debs, I think everyone goes through this... But, instead of throwing stuff out, put everything in a box, seal it up and put it somewhere dry, preferably a place that's hard to get to. Maybe in a garden shed? A DRY basement? (NOT an attic, until the fall...)

That way, you can put it out of your mind, and when you get the urge again... or maybe you won't?? - I sincerely believe you have to put stuff away for as long as need be, or, maybe forever. From my experience, It's unlikely it will be forever, but, you never know, and if you feel you have to take a break- you have to take a break,then.