Unbelievable!

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
evad

Unbelievable!

Post by evad »

I just hung up my raingear for the last time today, I'm afraid... but it's not like I haven't been wearing it for the past 2 1/2 days!!!! Huge storm here in the (US) Boston (And New England) area! Started for sure Saturday afternoon. Had to wear one of my slickers everytime I went out. It positively pelted! we got 3-4 inches over the course. Had it been any colder, we would have had 30-40" of snow!! Just my luck it was still raining today- Monday... A day I planned to take off anyway!

It was just great getting all dressed up in the boots- even got brave and wore my green froggy boots- overalls, jacket -and- got to seriously try out my new April Rain waterproof mittens! I even took a little nap, face down at a favorite secluded place.

It was just awesome. Made sure I ran every errand I needed to!

I do feel bad for those who got flooded- The governor has declared parts of the state a disaster area.
KnI

Re: Unbelievable!

Post by KnI »

I've had some fun in these past couple days that we had of rain. Over two days we got 10 inches of rain. Not far from my house, Rhode Island got flooded horribly. When I got home from work, I put on my Hercules see though yellow raincoat and my shiny black boots and drank a few beers and walked around the yard. (this is a week or two after the post that I mentioned doing something similar) It was fun walking through the puddles and mud. The puddles were almost up to my knee. Good thing the boots are tall, although some water still got in them. I cant wait for the water to go down some so all that is left is mud!!! Then I can have more fun in my raincoat and boots, perhaps falling down a few times. :-)