Another convert!

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
evad

Another convert!

Post by evad »

Well, as some of you know, I am into the AB/DL scene. I met this young woman at one of our parties, and later on, online, she made a comment about my rainsuit in a picture I have on a scene site... I answered that I wasn't aware of her interest in raingear, and she replied, "I wouldn't say I have an interest in rainwear in particular. I just think it makes me look and feel really little. I have always wanted either a pink, red, or yellow rainsuit and rubber boots to match, like the pictures you see of the little girls playing in the rain." So, we went back and forth a few times, talking about what kind of clothes make us feel young... I told her that rainsuits, especially kinda big ones, can bring me back to the days when I was 4 or 5 and went splashin' in my brown rubber boots and blue rubber raincoat. In the end, I told her where she could find one cheap, that would do the job.

Fast forward 3 months or so... My friend in the State O' Maine, who hangs out here, was moving to smaller quarters, (You know who you are,*giggle*!) and would I be interested in some of the items he's be thinning from his wardrobe? Well, a few days later a box appears on my doorstep, and inside is a flood of yellow raincoats.... Most of them unfortunately, too large for me.... Among the items was a brand new yellow Carrhart PVC rainsuit, which sort of fit me, but the bib was too low, and I have a yellow rainsuit... Then, I thought of my young friend! And so, as when someone gives me a raincoat I can't use, I make it a priority to find someone who will use it- I've given away probably 10 raincoats from my own collection and ones people have given me. This one was easy!

When she got it, she wrote back, "The rain suit is WAY too big for me but I love it! I feel so little in it. I feel....safe....and bouncy! I can't wait until it rains here. Thank you SOOOO much. The boots actually fit too! I couldn't believe it! They are perfect. GIANT hugs Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

So, I'm sure at some point we will meet at a party again- we travel in the same circles, and maybe it will even rain....
Jjai

Re: Another convert!

Post by Jjai »

Do you think if you stayed in contact Evad that you may develop a closer friendship with this woman ? I think that American women express themselves more openly when they have an interest or talk about themselves or their lifestyles.
You should ask her for a photo to see how well the rainsuit looked on her !
Elerias

Post by Elerias »

That is a nice story to read. Hopefully you will stay in contact.
evad

Post by evad »

As a matter of fact, I will probably be meeting her at a function in Connecticut this weekend... She has a sort of boyfriend her age, so, my role will be "the doting uncle".

At 58, I have NO illusions nor any want- to be dating a woman so young.
evad

Post by evad »

Update: Went to the gathering in Connecticut (USA) held at a private BDSM club in the Hartford area this weekend past, and decided to bring a few more raincoats with me... I presented El with a long red vinyl, flannel insulated, Misty Harbor raincoat. She was very pleased, and I got an overlong and wonderful hug from her attired in it. El is the young woman from a previous post that I gave a yellow rainsuit to. Anyway, she expected she would get good use from it as she lives in Vermont.

I also knew Ry would be at the gathering, and had been in email contact with her previous to it. I presented her with a long yellow hooded vinyl raincoat, and another red raincoat identical to the one I gave to El.

Ry is in her mid to late 20's and El is 23. Got to teach these youngsters about proper rainwear!

I think they both genuinely liked them, and were not just being nice to an old man. We'll see, because I will see them again at various other functions.
shinyphile

Post by shinyphile »

Hi evad,
Those gifts of the reb Misty Harbor raincoats sound like good gifts. Were they the long ones without the hood and with snaps on the front or were they the ones with the hood and zipper?

Were you able to find them new or were they from used sources?

I am wondering if those too are becoming rare due to the PVC used. Where I have seen in catalogs the hooded type with front zipper, it doesn't seem to be the shiny PVC it once was.