My day in London

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Alicia

My day in London

Post by Alicia »

I had to go to London today, Earls Court exhibition centre to be exact. It was chilly early this morning here and as it was work I wore my smart Debenhams trenchcoat with a hat, gloves and knee length leather boots with my business suit underneath. First time this trenchcoat has travelled so far! I carefully folded it and put it on the overhead rack on the train and fully buttoned and belted on the tube (beware of pickpockets!)

By the time I got to Earls Court at 11:00am it was a beautiful spring day and in fact hot and stuffy inside. I didn't want to trust the cloakrooms with my trenchcoat so I carried it round over my arm most of the day.

However I made the misttake of getting the tube back in rush hour. Bit of a crush to say the least and having just inspected it I'm glad to say there are no spills or stains or marks on the stone colour fabric. No smutty jokes about stains please! Despite the relatively warm weather I was fully buttoned and belted again. Back home the weather was definetly chillier so hat and gloves were back on!

I think the stone colour trench will be my look for the spring. Black sbr for winter and lightweight klepper for summer, if it ever arrives!

Alicia