Love the rain!

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Jjai

Re: Love the rain!

Post by Jjai »

Did you get any nice remarks Stephie about your Raincoat ? and did you manage to speak to the owner of the Black glossy wellingtons ??
latexstorm

Post by latexstorm »

Glossy riding boots, yum!

My waterproof riding boots (Aigles) were expensive, and I take VERY good care of them. But they're comfortable and very practical. Most rubber boots just aren't high enough to wear with a long mac/raincoat in heavy rain and wind -- the riding boots come up well under the mac, and water doesn't drip into them when I walk.
rainwear-experience

Is there hope??

Post by rainwear-experience »

-
Last edited by rainwear-experience on October 4th, 2021, 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mason

Post by mason »

I've also noticed the same trend towards beautiful rainboots in Australia too.

K-Mart Australa has some great looking rain boots in their catalogue (why do they call them catalogues - isn't that discriminatory to dogs? but I digress) available in very shiny pink, purple and other colours.

I'll go check them out in the shops soon when I have time.
sam146

Post by sam146 »

The past two weeks of heavy sustained rainfall were a real treat, the best being yesterday's long deluge. I wore my see-through white plastic mac to go the shops and then spent a couple of hours along a deserted South Bank, London wearing my Ultra-Pakamac - a floor-length, voluminous semi-transparent smoke grey mac with the hood tied up. Utter, total bliss. Only one remotely interesting sighting among the few toursts about, and that was a lady in a bright yellow (but non-shiny) poncho. We now have to endure a dry spell this week, for better or worse.