bib-pants over jacket, just a question...

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
kerstinmuc

bib-pants over jacket, just a question...

Post by kerstinmuc »

Hello @ all,

on the internet I can see so many pictures of people, who wear their bib-pants over the rainjacket and (!) into the rubberboots..
yes, Adelle & Paul , too...

why do you make this?
:?:

because, if you go out into the rain, water would leak into the trousers and boots.
iI think it would be cold and disagreeable.
even if you wear some waterproof things underneath, would be boots wet inside...

Please, explain me this way of wearing pants and jacket.

greetings to all
die Kerstin (from munich/germany)
Juppe

Re: bib-pants over jacket, just a question...

Post by Juppe »

Hallo Kerstin,
vielleicht kann ich meine Meinung und Erfahrungen erzählen, but I'll do it in English.
In Scandinavia and I think also in Germany children wear their bibpants most often on top of their raincoat. The reason being that they sit on the ground in puddles etc and the bib pants would better protect them. Usually the rubberboots are under the trouser legs, for children they have the rubber band stretching under the boot sole. This is a practical way of wearing bib pants also for grown ups when working in the garden or playing around or handling stuff like fishes. So the trousers are to protect you from dirt rather than from rain. If you stuck your trouser legs into your rubberboots the reason is most probably that your trouser legs are too long and they get dirty when walking on muddy ground. Or you like to show off your nice looking boots.
When you are in a pouring rain, it is certainly most advisable to put your raincoat on top of your trousers and the trouser legs on top of your boots. But, if you want to show that you have bib pants and not waist pants and if you still want to take a walk in that pouring rain, a good idea is to wear layers, put first on waist trousers, then the rain coat and the bib pants on top of all that. If the waist trousers have a opening in the crotch area, men can even pee in between the two layers without the cumbersome taking off your pants to your ankles ... :P
kerstinmuc

Re: bib-pants over jacket, just a question...

Post by kerstinmuc »

Hallo Juppe...

dank dir für die antwort.

oooooooookay, I didn't think about mud....!!!
in this way it will be right to wear pants over jacket.

thanks a lot to all, till soon

die Kerstin