so what mac did you wear yesterday

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
mason

Re: so what mac did you wear yesterday

Post by mason »

We enjoyed an unusually wet day today with incessant, teeming drizzly rain ... a nicer day I could not have asked for. Winter in Melbourne is one of my favourite times of year!!

I wore my shiny green Rukka mac (with yellow rainboots) in public before switching to my beautiful new shiny pale yellow (Acadia) PVC overcoat with a lovely fleecy lining that I bought on e-bay for a song (without boots though). It doesn't look obviously fetishy and the colour doesn't scream "look at me!" ... I barely received any glances despite wearing it on trendy Chapel Street today. My Acadia coat is one of the best I own, not least because it's so WARM, waterproof and i can wear it anywhere.
pacamac2

Post by pacamac2 »

Hi Paul

What a day that would be if mac wearing became a reality again

Tomorrow looks good here in the South East...Rain..Rain...Rain and possibly into the weekend

My nylon mac is hanging on the door just waiting for an outing

Looks like Thursday could be that day
matron69

Post by matron69 »

So where in the South East are you?
Yes lets wear our macs with pride guys but lets not be to OTT!

Paul
pacamac2

Post by pacamac2 »

Hi Paul

On the border line of SE London & Surrey.....I will let you guess...begins with "C" where all the riots and fires were on Monday night

My nylon mac that will be having an outing hopefully on Thursday will be a brown one

When I first bought it I though would I take to brown but was encouraged when the ex wife on seeing it said ...nice colour

Too get a compliment from a lady....it is possible???...rarely but nice when one does get one

Sadly she was never into mac wearing!
matron69

Post by matron69 »

I know the feeling about ex wife and macs
I bought ex wife a nice and expensive Dannimac pvc coat
She did not like it so it went bac to the shop.
She also had a nice blue nylon mac which occasionally wore but not often.

http://www.armynavydeals.ca/asp/product ... ainslicker Black Swedish Army

This is possibly my next mac!

Let the rain come tomorrow my grey and green nylon macs are in the car so is the green pvc mac that is in my latest photos.

Paul
pacamac2

Post by pacamac2 »

Hi Paul

As regards my ex wife...we married in 1974 and I thought I would tell her of what I considered(and still do) a harmless attraction ...too wearing them...and seeing others in them

Sadly her response was negative with a capital "N"

She used too have mail order catalogues...this before everyone had computers.....and everyone purchased goods out of these.....some nice macs and I would say..."You would look good in that" but sadly it just never happened....so it was a "macless" relationship...I wore macs outdoors when the weather called for one...she never objected ,....must admit it would have been nice to have a mac wearing lady out with me but sadly never happened
matron69

Post by matron69 »

Yes we have all been there at one time or another.
But such is life.
Nothing better than a lady in a nice rainmac walking next to you.
Keep up the good work
Best wishes

Paul
Plastic Max

Post by Plastic Max »

Sadly, my wife doesn't share my love of plastic/pvc/rubber macs but luckily doesn't object to mine so I get to wear most of my collection at different times.

Merv was right when he said "appropriate for the weather", it doesn't have to be raining to feel a good mac is the right gear to wear. I often wear my Lakeland black SBR mac in winter when it is just a grey cold day and I also wear my shiny red heavy vinyl Rimo mac when it is cold, too (very warming).

Right now we could do with some rain to put the fires out the mindless morons are starting as they run riot in some of our major cities. Would be nice to have a couple of weeks of heavy rain just so we could all get the maximum time to wear our favorite macs/outfits.
matron69

Post by matron69 »

If it does rain at the weekend then Colleen and I will be wearing one of our macs Colleen possibly her White pvc one and me either my new grey nylon mac or the green nylon mac just depends what we are going to do.

Paul :) :) :) :)
neil

Post by neil »

Notice there's been no riots on Tyneside or in Scotland.
Morons don't like heavy rain.