so what mac did you wear yesterday

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
mactastic

so what mac did you wear yesterday

Post by mactastic »

so what mac did you wear yesterday and what did you get up to in it ???
i wore my semi-transparent jeantex out in the rain lovely and long great feeling against the skin . made a few heads turn and a few women out walking dogs gave me a cheeky smile !! but wow wot a turn on ...............also wore my lovely shiny black pvc mac when the rain had stopped took a few pics but lens not very wide .......keep on macking everybody .... if more shops sold pvc macs then more women/ men would wear them dont you think ??? mactastic.pvcvrctlover@hotmail.co.uk
rainwear-experience

Re: so what mac did you wear yesterday

Post by rainwear-experience »

mactastic wrote: .... if more shops sold pvc macs then more women/ men would wear them dont you think ??? mactastic.pvcvrctlover@hotmail.co.uk
Didnt get out yesterday but good to hear you had a good time in your mac

Not sure about the logic on your last point but its a nice thought anyway

Im sure the shops who've managed to stay on the High Street dont miss many tricks and if there was a demand then they would be full of them

Sadly its down to personal choice and not many people choose them at the moment :(
merv

Post by merv »

well no rain here so no mac needed.

As for shops selling them. I suppose it is a chicken and egg situation. Nobody really asks for things in shops anyway. They may browse and buy as with h&m and primark (although have never seen anybody out wearing them).Fashion tends to go in cycles so you never know what may happen in the future.
pacamac2

Post by pacamac2 »

So are there any other mac enthusiasts out there who ask the same question as me...that we have come too the stage when mac wearing...unless you are an "enthusiast"...isn"t seen as sensible...trendy or using a new term..."Cool"

I think back to my childhood...1950s era like many mac enthusiasts and everyone wore a mac be it adults or children...not just if it was raining but as a sensible item of outerwear

My school(gaberdine) mac...officially part of the school uniform was used too play outdoors

Most children wore a school mac but now they head off to school in all types of short jackets

Me...a mac enthusiast for many years...I don"t wait for it too rain before I wear my mac...I wear a lightweight nylon mac if the weather is unsettled and I fancy a walk into town

A country walk......or a walk along the seafront and an great opportunity too wear a plastic or PVC mac

From the colder days I wear my Trenchcoat

Am I the only one who is fascinated and attracted too macs designed for ladies

Sadly they are too feminine looking and the colours of many would indeed attract attention so I wear the ladies ones indoors but on the odd occasion a dark blue nylon mac has had an outing

On all the occasions I have worn a mac...be it wet or dry no one has made any remarks and I am not aware of anyone even noticing...if they have then I hope they think...Wow...that looks a nice mac and maybe we can between us convert a few people into the wonderful world of mac wearing
merv

Post by merv »

well as it was a rather wet cycle into work this morning the no fear clear rainjacket got an outing, along with nylon rainpants. There was a look of what the hell is he wearing from one person so I just said, were you hoping to see me enter the wet t-shirt contest to which the reply was no way, so i just said me neither this keeps me nicely dry, end of subject.
rainwear-experience

Im not that suprised when people make comments about wearing rainwearing on a bright summers day but when its sheeting down it does make you wonder about them
Jenni

Post by Jenni »

It didn't rain yesterday but it was pouring down this morning so I was thrilled to wear my black SBR mac and souwester and black Hunter wellies for my trip to the supermarket. It was wonderful to be protected in my favourite mac whilst turning a few heads of envious scantily protected fellow shoppers. The sun appeared this afternoon but I went for a long walk similarly dressed and my husband wore his double textured riding mac and Hunters.
matron69

Post by matron69 »

I wore my new grey nylon mac and Colleen got to wear her new green nylon mac with a hood on it.
Both from e bay.

Best wishes

Paul
rainwear-experience

Didnt get out today, planned shoot cancelled because 'its raining'

Yep rainwear shoot, rain, duh, models?????
pacamac2

Post by pacamac2 »

Well here in the South East we got the rain they forecast this morning

What a joy too see it and too give my brown nylon mac an outing

Sadly no one else in a nylon mac and few in macs

More rain expected here up to Wednesday so more mac wearing in prospect