RUBBER MACKINTOSH MADNESS

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Tradmack

RUBBER MACKINTOSH MADNESS

Post by Tradmack »

I have been following bidding on ebay of a used mackintosh, an original Mackintosh brand article. Believe this or not it sold today for £1204, someone is either a big mack fan or has very deep pockets. Good luck to the purchaser and congratulations to the seller on a coup. My top spend ever was £195 for a David Marsh shiny black rubber mackintosh.
Saltmarsh_Drifter

Re: RUBBER MACKINTOSH MADNESS

Post by Saltmarsh_Drifter »

I'm not surprised by those winning bids. Last year a pair of vintage Lincoln Armasol rubber boots I was extremely interested in owning sold for about £750.
TStorm56

Post by TStorm56 »

F me, what a wad of cash to throw down on a used raincoat! If you are going to pay that much might as well hit up Weathervain and get yourself a brand new mackintosh.
Bill_P

Post by Bill_P »

You could even get a brand new Mackintosh brand rubber mac for less than that...not much less, but less.
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

TStorm56 wrote: February 9th, 2021, 6:04 pm F me, what a wad of cash to throw down on a used raincoat! If you are going to pay that much might as well hit up Weathervain and get yourself a brand new mackintosh.
Or two!
mason

Post by mason »

Tradmack wrote: February 9th, 2021, 4:10 pm I have been following bidding on ebay of a used mackintosh, an original Mackintosh brand article. Believe this or not it sold today for £1204, someone is either a big mack fan or has very deep pockets. Good luck to the purchaser and congratulations to the seller on a coup. My top spend ever was £195 for a David Marsh shiny black rubber mackintosh.
Can you send the link?
Tradmack

Post by Tradmack »

Sorry I can't having deleted the ebay watching feature on this article. You might be able to pick it up on his feedback, the sellers ID is "freedrick76"