Hello

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Waveydavey

Hello

Post by Waveydavey »

Hi, first time on here. I'm 44 and live in the south of England where it is currently snowing/raining like hell which has given me a chance to walk to my local shops wearing my semi transparent Montcler Sandra mac. Was a bit daunting at first but nobody seemed to take the slightest bit of notice, even in the shops. I like wearing womens plastic macs (obviously!!) so it would be nice to talk/mail someone who shares the same interest.
mason

Re: Hello

Post by mason »

G'day Davey, nice to meet you here and thanks for posting!

You are absolutely right; very few people ever actualy look or pay attention to what we're wearing (rainwear) unless it's outlandishly bright - like red or yellow. Even then they rarely bother look twice.

It's all in the mind; many of us have, one time or other, have felt too embarrassed to wear raincoats outdoors in full public view because we're so hung up on the sexualised aspects of plastic that it's easy to forget 99.9% of people don't see rainwear as anything other than what it is - wet weather propection!
Peter Haaswijk

Post by Peter Haaswijk »

Hello again,
It's quite right, it sits between our ears. :)
This morning I have walked with my PVC U like cape, and this afternoon in the PVC U like raincoat.The colours are respectively tranp. black and blue . TTB and MBC is their code .
Yes, both are female rainware, but here in the Netherlands too, people don't look at you -if is raining-.I have checked. :!:
Today there is not much wind, but in a cape you don't need to wear raintrousers, only wellies of course, but with a raincoat you should wear the trousers ,because the wet coat is sticking at the boots and in that way your ''normal'' trousers wil become wet.If it's windy weather I wear raintrousers under the cape ,and in summer nothing under it .
Greetings from Peter in a rainy Netherlands .
sam146

Post by sam146 »

I'm based in London NW6 and I would normally complain that it rarely rains heavily for long, but the past week and today have been pure joy for going out in my favourite ground-length semi-transparent plastic macs. However self-conscious I have felt, it's simply too good to pass on the opportunity. Indeed, nobody else seems bothered about my choice of wet-weather garb - folk are preoccupied staying dry under their umbrellas or dashing for shelter to pay any attention to me. And this intense rain has been sheer bliss, too, as I get the full-on sensual experience of the rain beating on my hood and trickling down the front of my plastic mac, with all the associated swishing PVC sounds. The good news for those of us in the southern UK is that plenty more rain is forecast this week. Now which plastic mac shall I choose? The grey one? The milky white mac? Or the blue one?
Jjai

Post by Jjai »

I wonder what other 'Non rainwear fetish' people actually think of how they see us or any others wearing rainwear ?
If it is actually raining then it would only be a bright coloured raincoat worn by a male or an outlandish design that would capture their attention. It is only my opinion but cagoules I think would'nt seek any attention at all as they are probably the most widely seen rainwear out and about in wet weather.
When I have worn my SBR Mac in public most of the people who have passed comment on it have declared it as being either made out of imitation leather !?! (I don't get that at all !) or a type of synthetic material - when i tell them it is in fact made of Rubber they are surprised.
I think the location you wear your rainwear is important also when you consider the visual impact we think it makes on others. I would think nothing of wearing my Yellow PVC mac outside on the beach but I would think twice about wearing it in a crowded bus station or shop.

It would make interesting discussion if we all compared what in fact our 'fears' about wearing rainwear in different situations were. I have no problem about wearing mine in public but there are some places I would avoid.
neil

Post by neil »

I think the places where I would avoid wearing unconventional clothing would be the same ones that I would normally avoid in any case.Such places would include town centres on Friday and Saturday evenings with their intoxicated loudmouths and places where groups of teenagers hung out.I don't find these places really worrying;I find negative and provocative comments annoying and spoiling of my enjoyment.
I think its important to realise that most people are not rainwear fetishists and view the clothing completely different to us.If its raining,or looks like rain,very few people apart from the above groups are going to notice or make comment.
My taste lies in fairly low key dark coloured garments.The only time I stand out is when I wear waterproofs or heavy clothing in hot weather(this being my real passion)Living in Cornwall as I do, there are lots of tourists,walkers and boating enthusiasts,so in general there is no problem.
Waveydavey

Post by Waveydavey »

Hi Stephie, I go out as a male (although I wore my mac out yesterday! It is a translucent white one). I save my crossdressing for indoors.