Pacamacs

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
bossali

Pacamacs

Post by bossali »

My love of plastic rainwear started when i was a teen, my mother bought me a plastic pacamac from woolies, i found myself so aroused by it but the real turning point was when on holiday in Blackpool with my girlfriend, It was terrible weather and we both bought pacamacs from a seafront shop. We wore them all the time, my g/f made hers look even better by wearing a tight belt with it and the collar turned up. We had fun and i loved when we got to kiss when we both had our macs on.
Does anyone share a love for this style of mac or even know anywhere there are photos of them
spitfire617

Re: Pacamacs

Post by spitfire617 »

Not a Pacamac but close

bossali

Post by bossali »

wonderful thankyou she looks amazing in it
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

Nylon type mac

hotwilly

Post by hotwilly »

I have a nylon pacamac style mac from Cotton Traders - very similar to the one Colleen is wearing in the photos above, comes with its own bag
Sadly not a pvc / pvc backed version
Broad minded enough to acknowledge we all enjoy different things:)
Anotherraincoat

Post by Anotherraincoat »

Just love that nylon pacamac,
MrDoudy

Post by MrDoudy »

Like many of my generation I was "made" by my mother to carry and wear a plastic Pakamac throughout my school years in the 1950s. I didn't need any persuasion as I loved wearing it! I particularly recall the feel of the cold plastic brushing my knees when still in short trousers up to age 13 and beyond, when I would revert to shorts for school holidays. Nylon pakamacs came later, 1960s/70s I believe and I have two 4 button ones dating from this period, one actually labelled Pakamac inside, that are shorter and simpler in design than the ones Spitfire 617 is wearing in her excellent pics. There is a nice example of a 5 button nylon Pakamac pictured on the website of the the Museum of Design in Plastics in the Arts University of Bournemouth. I have an opaque black vinyl Pakamac with plastic buttons bought from e-bay not so long ago though labelled "Made in China". Sadly I don't think authentic Pakamacs are made in UK any more.
bossali

Post by bossali »

Wow thanks Spitfire, love the nylon mac, worn with the collar up as well , even better
spitfire617

Post by spitfire617 »

bossali wrote: January 7th, 2021, 11:41 am Wow thanks Spitfire, love the nylon mac, worn with the collar up as well , even better
Glad you like those.