REAL RUBBER MACKINTOSHES

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
BobbyValore

Re: REAL RUBBER MACKINTOSHES

Post by BobbyValore »

rainwearseeker wrote: January 4th, 2021, 9:29 am did rkd rubber go out of business?
Their website is down for a year already - doubt they have many sales through other channels. So yes, it seems like they are out of business. I've never been a big fan of their style to start with, but too bad it limits the availability of rainwear on the market.
jackstrapped

Post by jackstrapped »

WealdenMac wrote: December 31st, 2020, 8:37 pm I think Stutterheim describe their macs as being "rubberised" when they are not but I am more than happy that they have achieved a widespread general popularity. I like PVC and plastic macs myself but, having come to enjoy rubberised ones "down the line", I would say that unequivocally the best I have ever owned/worn was a black SBR from Weather or Not. (And that's not just because Maurice and Valerie once gave me a lift home)
My wife was a friend of Val's and she was told that the government forced them to stop importing the material for health concerns. Incidentally, she was grateful that she had a small stock of their mac's on hand, because she felt she was starting to share Maurice's fetish for the rubber trench!
Avril Black

Post by Avril Black »

Re Real Rubber Mackintoshes. Avri Black Without doubt I morn the loss of South Bucks Rainwear. Quality, I wish I still had a black rubberised SBR . Sealwear, Ferndale business park I think manufacture some quality rubber garments.True to say the Rubber Riding Mackintosh is still being produced and holds its own against most rivals, quite costly though but worth it just pulling it on is still a thrill