Rainwear, Crossdressing and the Public

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
MissRachel

Rainwear, Crossdressing and the Public

Post by MissRachel »

Hello Wet Friends,

have you ever been out presenting as a lady, wearing a mack or some other rain-gear and then realize you are a target of disdain ? I really try hard NOT to push who I am but at the same time I think the world is big enough for all of us.

I had something happen (yesterday) and now I am slightly worried about what i am doing outside.

MR
Last edited by MissRachel on October 24th, 2020, 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you missed any of my rain-wear videos have a look here... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCplUP6 ... GRFRzPWLfg
yellowgirl

Re: Rainwear, Crossdressing and the Public

Post by yellowgirl »

oh what happened to you?
annabell-cagoule

Post by annabell-cagoule »

What happened? I am trans so used to being ‘out’ in public, feel free to pm if you like x
Lets get swishy!
Lordgrey

Post by Lordgrey »

I think the circumstances are very important in such a case if you want to get useful opinions and tips. So if you're willing to tell us what happened to you, I will comment on it. But I can only give general statements to initial post. Sadly we have a lot of people that have Nothing beter to do than to complain on anything not fitting their view of the world. As one said so nicely; We life all under the same sky doesn't mean we have all the same Horizont.
MissRachel

Post by MissRachel »

Thank you Lordgrey, Annabell and yellowgirl for you concern.

I am busy trying to get Saturday shopping and things completed that need to be done right now. I will give you a longer story later tonight.

The short story is I was in my normal "pub" and to the last customer, everyone of them snared at me. This was the type of look that is the narrowing of the eyes and the mouth forms an almost "dog like, teeth showing" shape.

This is not my imagination because I have been cross-dressing for OVER TEN YEARS openly. I wrote the event down in my journal and will give a longer description but I am wondering if people are "looking" for reasons to take out their anger on anyone or anything. Here in the States we are in a process of change. Not to get too political but something is going on. I have ate in this same place for YEARS presenting as a women and not once have I had this happen to me.

I am shaken. Maybe I have had it too good over the years. Maybe things are changing for the worst. Something I really envy is how in the UK no one even blinks at a cross-dresser.
If you missed any of my rain-wear videos have a look here... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCplUP6 ... GRFRzPWLfg
annabell-cagoule

Post by annabell-cagoule »

They do blink in the UK, sadly due to our media following trumpys lead and attacking anything not what they consider to be the norm.

I am sorry this happened, the usa seems to sound more and more anti trans / x dresser / gender queer etc, times have chanhed for the worse.
Lets get swishy!
mason

Post by mason »

I'm really sorry you have to put up with this shit there. Everyone seems to be far more angry & intolerant nowadays.

Australia is hardly better either, and I often wonder if its because we keep allowing certain bigoted, biased ethnic minorities into our country. No one is more intolerant towards gays or raincoat wearing people than young Middle-Eastern guys. Then we're told we've gotta be nice to these poor, mis-understood people.....

Thank God I can say what I really think about these little shits on this forum. On Facebook, I'd be looking at 30 days FB jail simply for speaking my mind.
JellyMan

Post by JellyMan »

I think tension in the world over Covid and the impending US election makes folkes less tolerant at the moment. People look for anything different and react more negatively than they would normally by giving it a twist related to that tension - e.g. thinking you must be whatever political party they are not because of how you are dressed. There is nothing worse than feeling rejected in your local area - right now I want to come over there and give you a big rainwear hug MissRachel... oh wait no, COVID restrictions... maybe a PVC clad elbow bump!

Mason - I can feel your pain in the way you write. Having known a lot of middle-eastern men I can tell you that there is a lot of frustration in the way that their culture requires them to be. I know that some of these men are desperate to be able to express a softer (dare I say feminine) side but would be ridiculed by their peers. It is difficult for anyone to act against the norm and easy to just go with the flow whilst hating what you are doing. As a boy my brothers and I were all trooped off to football on a Saturday. My father was a Saints fanatic. My brothers loved it almost as much as he did, but I loathed it, yet never said anything for fear of being the odd one out. You learn to shout at just the right moment with everyone else, but always a second or two behind as you are reacting to those around, not what is happening on the pitch.
MissRachel

Post by MissRachel »

Now the Longer Story

Right out of the box let me say several things before I give the longer story:

1) It was not my intention to get political or make some sort of statement about the virus. However as I read the posts some have narrowed the reasons down to partly that very thing. People are angry and are looking to anything different as the object to pitch their anger onto.

2) I actual had something similar happen on 1 Dec 2019 and really never thought twice about it. I posted some pictures here and went about my business. I actually forgot the incident happened but it come back to mind when I got the ugly faces in the restaurant Friday. I am thinking of placing the details of that situation on the posted pictures but I would ruin an otherwise, happy outing.

3) Lastly I love everyone that posted support. I have been doing this many years and I thought I had a tougher skin. Sometimes I think I have most of life figured out. I just assume most people will live and let.. I know you all do, thank you again for the loving support

Now the Longer Story.

A cold front swept into the state of Texas early Friday morning. We all know when cold air meets warmer, wet air you might get rain. Sure enough it was raining pretty good by the time the sun came up. I so want to go out, take a few pictures in the rain and maybe go to lunch presenting as a lady. I have not gone out cross-dressed since 8 March2020! Yeah I remember the date: partly because I can see the pictures on my FB account but partly because this not like me at all. My wife lets me dress up as often as I like. I love to look pretty and go out to eat. Anyone that has ever ran into me immediately understands I am all about the entertainment. If I am not making you happy then I am failing. I think this is why I also enjoy cosplay so much. If you do a good job at your presentation people smile. They may even take your picture!

The temperature was nice and cool (55 degrees) so I could wear my red PROS suit! So I got dressed, put on the make-up, charged the cameras. I made a plan in my mind to take a few pictures at the Town Square. Then off to the Lake Park. There is also a Boat Launch so I would look at the ducks. Lastly I was going to pick up some lunch for me and the wife. That would be a pretty good day for not driving all the way into Dallas. Since the virus and the riots I have not been down town since November2019. That was the Dallas Fetish Ball.

The first stop was nice. I had trouble pulling on my rubber gloves: the cuffs on the red suit are really tight. You really need to put on the rubber gloves before you pull on the suit. So I walked all around the square and jumped back in the car to drive to the next location. If you are late to the party you can see the video here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12635

The Lake Park was very windy! The rain had stopped but now it is really cold! The wind is whipping my hair around however those videos are really nice. I need to go back there again. Same thing thing, for those that are later look here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12636

Next was the Boat Landing. The rain had stopped and the wind was now settling down. I saw the ducks and took a few videos.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12634

Lastly I thought I wanted to put on my black PROS coat. The wind had stopped and the red suit was sort of getting warm so back to the house to pull that off. I have video of that I need to post. Now I am off to pick up lunch. I am going to post the video of me in the parking lot but I need to edit it down.

Walking in to a restaurant you have to wear a surgical mask however when you eat or drink you can pull it off. Go figure. Over these past months of not going out presenting as a lady; I have not missed anything because when you pull it off the surgical mask is caked up with make-up. Great. What do all the other girls do? I guess no one wears make-up anymore. As I walked in the restaurant I once went to months again was very different. The bar is still the same place but instead of 15 seats there is 4. The rest of the space has tables and tape separating the stools. I guess I paused at the first look and maybe that is what set off the customers. It was then I glanced across the dining room. A dining room that once held thirty tables had now eight. Tape was everyplace like a maze. You had to walk all these crazy patterns to navigate to a table. Then I looked at them. Maybe they were looking at me. It was their eyes. They looked mean and they looked as if to say; ”why are you in our space?” I snapped back into real time and quickly walked to the bar. I was comforted to see my bar tender I have known for years. She said HELLO MISS RACHEL! Wow, I melted inside. I had not stepped into this place in months and she knew me right of the bat! I sat on the stool and nervously looked behind me. The customers were still staring and at that moment I said to myself forget them, focus on your friend on the other side of the bar.

The problem was I could not focus. One of the first things I learned as a cross-dresser was never, never, NEVER feel ashamed at who you are. You walk into a room and YOU OWN THE PLACE! If you show fear or you show that you are dishonest you have lost. If you are honest everyone can sense YOUR SPIRIT. If you project honesty and confidence even the most hardened person against being a CD has to admit that you BELONG THERE. I lost the moment I walk into that door. I could not wait to get out of there. I had a glass of white wine as I waited for the lunch to go. We talked small talk. She asked when was the last time I went out? That was 8 March. She said wow, long time. I said yes. We talked more and the lunch appeared at the window. I paid the bill and left. I took a few more frames in the parking lot leaving but I really just wanted to go home.

I cannot think of a time I was this disappointed. Normally I meet other people, laugh, talk about conventions and general have a good time. This was miserable. I felt foolish and stupid.

In retrospect I think it was the whole mask thing. It smeared my make-up. I had no chance to relax. I normally spend at least an hour chatting. It was like being in a dream. I was in a place I had been many, many times before. I took pictures in that place. I had the chance to talk to strangers and tell them who I was. I had a chance to tell them my life experiences over a glass of wine. In short; I was living a life I thought I brought back with me from Europe. When I lived in Germany, my wife and I would spend hours at an open air restaurant, drink wine eat wonderful food and watch the sun set. It seems so distant now. So far away.

I am going to go out again? You can bet on it! I love presenting as a lady. It is part of me. I love to wear lady’s rain-wear. I love my Hunter Boots. I love my rubber dresses. I love my rubber maid uniforms. I love all of it and I am not ashamed. I am just a little disoriented in this new normal.
Last edited by MissRachel on October 25th, 2020, 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MissRachel

Post by MissRachel »

JellyMan wrote: October 25th, 2020, 5:12 am
There is nothing worse than feeling rejected in your local area.
Jellyman this is a true statement. I mentioned that as much: it was being like in a dream or parallel world