Selling your old macks on Ebay

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
KlepperGuy

Selling your old macks on Ebay

Post by KlepperGuy »

Selling your old macks on Ebay or should be selling your old RUBBISH.

As a long time rubberist (over 60 years) and an Ebay member who receives emails regarding my 'searches', one of my searches is for 'Mackintosh'.
So I frequently see what macks people are selling............to be honest some sellers are selling absolute crap, old SBR macks that are no longer fit for purpose or pleasure.

One came through today and apart from the cost of 'buy now' £300, it was rubbish. Years of sweat on the collar had perished the rubber completely, so it was cracked and missing down to the material , even the macks showed signs of cracking.
Who do these sellers think they are kidding, both with the prices they ask and the condition of the macks they are selling.

Most sellers are or have been rubberists in their time and no doubt 'never wanted to be ripped off' when they were buying gear so why do it to others now.

Yet as they get old....... like their gear, they think its ok to 'rip' other rubberists off selling it on Ebay.

I always wonder why old rubberists can't let their old gear......'RiP' after they have had a life of pleasure wearing it indoors and outdoors.
No let your old rubbers.........Rest in Peace............rather than 'RiP' other off selling your rubbish.

Personally I have frequently dumped my old gear.........one old SBR even went on my 'GUY' on bonfire night, looked good.......smelled bloody awful when it was burning...........all those years of mis-spent pleasures going up in smoke. But at least Rubber 'GUY' went up in smoke with a smile on his face.

The funny thing is people keep relisting the item even if it never sells

Well no doubt........I will continue to get emails from Ebay about someone selling their old rubbishy SBR macks............All I can add is more fool the buyer for buying them and wasting their money.
JellyMan

Re: Selling your old macks on Ebay

Post by JellyMan »

Gosh, do you feel better for getting that off your chest? I agree there is a load of rubbish out there, and it would be nice not to have to trawl through it, but I find it all the more exciting to find a real gem!
Bill_P

Post by Bill_P »

JellyMan wrote: October 21st, 2020, 6:52 pm Gosh, do you feel better for getting that off your chest? I agree there is a load of rubbish out there, and it would be nice not to have to trawl through it, but I find it all the more exciting to find a real gem!
That does make it more satisfying when you find a real treasure!
annabell-cagoule

Post by annabell-cagoule »

Same with old peter storms with the membrane pealing off all over the place and them still wanting £80 for it, worn out grubby used up. Just throw it in the rag recycling bin
Lets get swishy!
MissRachel

Post by MissRachel »

KlepperGuy wrote: October 21st, 2020, 3:14 pm Selling your old macks on Ebay or should be selling your old RUBBISH.

As a long time rubberist (over 60 years) and an Ebay member who receives emails regarding my 'searches', one of my searches is for 'Mackintosh'.
So I frequently see what macks people are selling............to be honest some sellers are selling absolute crap, old SBR macks that are no longer fit for purpose or pleasure.

One came through today and apart from the cost of 'buy now' £300, it was rubbish. Years of sweat on the collar had perished the rubber completely, so it was cracked and missing down to the material , even the macks showed signs of cracking.
Who do these sellers think they are kidding, both with the prices they ask and the condition of the macks they are selling.

Most sellers are or have been rubberists in their time and no doubt 'never wanted to be ripped off' when they were buying gear so why do it to others now.

Yet as they get old....... like their gear, they think its ok to 'rip' other rubberists off selling it on Ebay.

I always wonder why old rubberists can't let their old gear......'RiP' after they have had a life of pleasure wearing it indoors and outdoors.
No let your old rubbers.........Rest in Peace............rather than 'RiP' other off selling your rubbish.

Personally I have frequently dumped my old gear.........one old SBR even went on my 'GUY' on bonfire night, looked good.......smelled bloody awful when it was burning...........all those years of mis-spent pleasures going up in smoke. But at least Rubber 'GUY' went up in smoke with a smile on his face.

The funny thing is people keep relisting the item even if it never sells

Well no doubt........I will continue to get emails from Ebay about someone selling their old rubbishy SBR macks............All I can add is more fool the buyer for buying them and wasting their money.
Well said.

I will not buy anything from an "Olde Rubberist." I look the pictures and see the coats cracked and dried out. They are nutty trying to sell that rubbish. You are right KlepperGuy, they think after having a mac for the last 30 years they can sell it like new. LOL.
If you missed any of my rain-wear videos have a look here... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCplUP6 ... GRFRzPWLfg
rubbermac

Post by rubbermac »

What gives anybody the right to be judgemental on what people buy or sell on Ebay?????

Has it never occurred to you that some peole might enjoy wearing clothing that has been worn and battered whether it be PVC,Rubber or Leather ???

For me personally i love wearing Oilskins,and if they are dirty and battered and grubby,then i most definetly want them.

So if anybody has any Worn or Dirty or Grubby Oilskins they no longer require,mention it on here or PM me ,because if it is something i want i will most certainly sort out a price with you.!!
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

rubbermac wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 10:32 am What gives anybody the right to be judgemental on what people buy or sell on Ebay?????

Has it never occurred to you that some peole might enjoy wearing clothing that has been worn and battered whether it be PVC,Rubber or Leather ???

For me personally i love wearing Oilskins,and if they are dirty and battered and grubby,then i most definetly want them.

So if anybody has any Worn or Dirty or Grubby Oilskins they no longer require,mention it on here or PM me ,because if it is something i want i will most certainly sort out a price with you.!!
One man's trash is another mans treasure
jamesgreenberg

Post by jamesgreenberg »

rainwear-experience wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 11:00 am
And that's eBay's business plan!
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

jamesgreenberg wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 11:20 am
rainwear-experience wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 11:00 am
And that's eBay's business plan!
Not only eBay's if what I've seen on TV recently is true

People 'rescuing' rubbish (IMO) from a skip slapping a coat on paint on it and selling it for silly (again IMO) amounts!
kinkydenn

Post by kinkydenn »

rubbermac wrote: October 23rd, 2020, 10:32 am What gives anybody the right to be judgemental on what people buy or sell on Ebay?????

Same for me with old pvc gear!