Wellies in school

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
Mar

Wellies in school

Post by Mar »

Did you leave your rain pants and wellies on all day in school when younger?
blackmacjay

Re: Wellies in school

Post by blackmacjay »

At my school, it was not allowed.
Mar

Post by Mar »

We were told we could wear anything we wanted to raise money for charity
Bill_P

Post by Bill_P »

No one really wore wellies when I was in school in the States (1975-82); those of us who wore rainproof footwear wore the 5 buckle rubber overshoes (also called "galoshes") or for the girls, colored see thru pvc overshoes, which we removed once we got to our lockers.
Wellington

Post by Wellington »

Spent my youth in a rural setting and wellies to school were commonplace and yes kept them on all day, even then I realised they were special and I loved wearing them and seeing others in theirs
rubberdee

Post by rubberdee »

Very, very long time ago now but I do remember we had to take a change of footwear (gym shoes as if they are any different from wearing wellies all day) in both the junior and infant school but secondary they had no rules so most of us wore them all day. Of course when I say most of us I was referring to the ten percent that had the sense to wear wellies in bad weather. There always seemed to be so much deep snow around in winter back in the forties and fifties.
wetrainwear

Post by wetrainwear »

Like you rubberdee wore my black shiny wellingtons as often as possible.
rubberdee

Post by rubberdee »

wore my black shiny wellingtons as often as possible.
In my case probably a little too long after the bad weather had ceased. I might add that is also the case today, I put them on first thing in the morning to walk the dog and more often than not I am still in them come mid afternoon or evening. ;)
WealdenMac

Post by WealdenMac »

We had to change out of our wellies when in school but that meant that the cloakrooms, which had fearsome radiators, smelt divine on wet days.
rubberdee

Post by rubberdee »

We had to change out of our wellies when in school but that meant that the cloakrooms, which had fearsome radiators, smelt divine on wet days.
Only thing fearsome about our school cloakrooms on a wet day was the smell of bodies from wet coats worn too long without cleaning.