Thoughts on this one please peeps.

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
rothbhoy

Thoughts on this one please peeps.

Post by rothbhoy »

Here is a clip from 'The Fiendish Plot of Dr. Fu Manchu' (1980) posted on You Tube by Leather Girls: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9AIXA2PJmY The poster has labelled it 'The Fiendish Plot of Dr. Fu Manchu' - leather scene. I'm not so sure about the "leather" label to be honest - I'm pretty sure it's an SBR mackintosh. Anyone got any thoughts about it? Cheers in advance! :)
Last edited by rothbhoy on October 10th, 2020, 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tradmack

Re: Thoughts on this one please peeps.

Post by Tradmack »

A tricky one this. The soundtrack indicates SBR and after a very close repeated viewing my findings are as follows. On the whole due to the stitching and seams on the arms, collar and front I think it is a very fine leather or possibly a very good faux leather. Some of the creasing and fall of the mack when the wearer is moving can give it an SBR appearance. A very nice coat and perfect fit, ultimately very pleasing to the eye. I would be very interested to hear other opinions.
Tradmack

Post by Tradmack »

A tricky one this. The soundtrack indicates SBR and after a very close repeated viewing my findings are as follows. On the whole due to the stitching and seams on the arms, collar and front I think it is a very fine leather or possibly a very good faux leather. Some of the creasing and fall of the mack when the wearer is moving can give it an SBR appearance. A very nice coat and perfect fit, ultimately very pleasing to the eye. I would be very interested to hear other opinions.
rothbhoy

Post by rothbhoy »

Tradmack wrote: October 10th, 2020, 1:33 pm A tricky one this. The soundtrack indicates SBR and after a very close repeated viewing my findings are as follows. On the whole due to the stitching and seams on the arms, collar and front I think it is a very fine leather or possibly a very good faux leather. Some of the creasing and fall of the mack when the wearer is moving can give it an SBR appearance. A very nice coat and perfect fit, ultimately very pleasing to the eye. I would be very interested to hear other opinions.
Thanks a lot for that Tradmack - very interesting comments! I too would like to hear what others think....
JellyMan

Post by JellyMan »

Thanks Rothbhoy for forcing me to watch that clip over and over in fine detail! On balance I think it is a fine leather.
rothbhoy

Post by rothbhoy »

JellyMan wrote: October 10th, 2020, 5:50 pm Thanks Rothbhoy for forcing me to watch that clip over and over in fine detail! On balance I think it is a fine leather.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Cheers pal - you're a REAL hero! Well, that's another one for leather then. Mm!
Rubbersocks1999

Post by Rubbersocks1999 »

I think it is SBR. Most leather coats are made from patches of leather. This is due to the real cost of wastage using just one hide for just one piece of the mack. Also back in the day SBR was much smoother and flexible than the SBR of the last 20 years.

So chalk up 1 for SBR from me.
rubgum

Post by rubgum »

No doubt, it is definitely LEATHER !
BobbyValore

Post by BobbyValore »

Leather, pretty sure about it.
rothbhoy

Post by rothbhoy »

Rubbersocks1999 wrote: October 10th, 2020, 10:13 pm I think it is SBR. Most leather coats are made from patches of leather. This is due to the real cost of wastage using just one hide for just one piece of the mack. Also back in the day SBR was much smoother and flexible than the SBR of the last 20 years.

So chalk up 1 for SBR from me.
Thanks for that Rubbersocks. However, it would appear to be that the general consensus is that it is leather. Personally I thought it could possibly be an SBR.