Raincoats Missing

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
JellyMan

Re: Raincoats Missing

Post by JellyMan »

I think the 80's were the last great decade of proper rainwear protection. There were nice Macs around in the 90's but they were already in the decrease and by the 00's even less. The other day I was out in changeable weather, it had literally just stopped raining and the ground was soaked, but the sun was out (a bit), but I got several odd looks from people out in tee-shirts in my cagoule. A couple of minutes later it was raining again but still those fools acted as if the rain didn't exist. A woman got out of her flashy car and looked me up and down like I was mad, then took a step forwards, slid on mud and ended up sprawled against the back of her 4x4 narrowly avoiding going over completely. I tried not to snigger out loud!
blackmacjay

Post by blackmacjay »

You are a more tolerant person than I.

I would have laughed my socks off !!!!!!!!!!
Agu-Fan

Post by Agu-Fan »

Here in The Netherlands you see a lot of PU rainwear when it's raining, and also when it's not raining.
Coats from brands like Rains and the Dutch brand america today.
jodie

Post by jodie »

Further to my posting I have been trying to work out why the French seem to be more into wearing shiny raincoats regardless of the weather than anywhere else . They love raincoats all the time as I know from my experience of visiting Paris .Many shops there openly sell rainwear and display them in their shop windows , where as here we have to search hard to find any let alone shiny.
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

I think you'll find shops stock what there is a demand for, you'd need to be fairly stupid to fill your shop with items that very few people want to buy
MissRachel

Post by MissRachel »

rainwear-experience wrote: October 6th, 2020, 12:19 pm I think you'll find shops stock what there is a demand for, you'd need to be fairly stupid to fill your shop with items that very few people want to buy
This is a great point. You create a shop to make money so you stock items that will sell. On the other hand, niche items sell but at a slower pace. I found if I stocked both I could keep people coming back.
If you missed any of my rain-wear videos have a look here... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCplUP6 ... GRFRzPWLfg