Cagoules everywhere

All rainwear discussions in general or that do not fit into other categories.
cagouled rambler

Cagoules everywhere

Post by cagouled rambler »

I'm away at the minute on the east coast of Yorkshire and the weather has been very hit and miss with heavy rain in between. The amount of swishy rain cagoules being worn by the general public is a joy to see and it seems everywhere I look people are walking around in cagoules and other rainwear. I myself have packed a couple of k-way cagoules for good measure and have worn them consistently throughout our break. I love the good old British getaway as your guaranteed to pull on a cagoule at some point and I'm always watching for others dressed In my favourite attire. From what I've seen on my recent break is that the cagoule is very much alive and going strong .Lots of regatta pack it and peter storm Millets style on parade. Great to see !!
YKK

Re: Cagoules everywhere

Post by YKK »

Nylon cagoules may be very much alive and going strong with you and me & about 10 other people out of the total 1392 forum members.
Most people here are into PVC and our lovely Nylon Zippie Cagoules are very much in the minority. Pretty sure I'm not welcome here.
Andyf08

Post by Andyf08 »

I'm with you both, love my cagoules.
Rainworshipper

Post by Rainworshipper »

I like nylon cagoules as well as pvc. Just been up to the supermarket and as you say cagouled rambler, there still seem to be quite a few around on a wet day.
hoodtight

Post by hoodtight »

I like PVC ( my first "oilskins" with drawstring at the neck instead of a short zip, and lovely deep hood bought for me when I was 15 are unforgettable) but really for me Henri-Lloyd, Peter Storm, Blacks, Bradsport etc etc are really the rainwear for me. Especially the longer ones. I agree that there are masses of swishy nylon cags around down here in West Wales, very exciting to see. Mine have been on daily with the hood up. Wow!
discoruss

Post by discoruss »

Yes I’m the same here. Definitely cagoules for me. Peter storm, K Way, Regatta, Campari. Full zip and half zips.

PVC and any other rainwear apart from nylon doesn’t interest me but when I hear the sound of the swishy nylon it sounds lovely.
rainwear-experience

Post by rainwear-experience »

YKK wrote: August 27th, 2020, 6:53 am Nylon cagoules may be very much alive and going strong with you and me & about 10 other people out of the total 1392 forum members.
Most people here are into PVC and our lovely Nylon Zippie Cagoules are very much in the minority. Pretty sure I'm not welcome here.
Sorry you feel that way but with 31 posts in 4 years youve hardly tried to make an impact on the forum

Although PVC is more popular there are cagoule lovers here too
Last edited by rainwear-experience on August 28th, 2020, 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JellyMan

Post by JellyMan »

YKK wrote: August 27th, 2020, 6:53 am Most people here are into PVC and our lovely Nylon Zippie Cagoules are very much in the minority. Pretty sure I'm not welcome here.
Definitely not true. Plastic is my first fetish love, and PVC, but I own cagoules and get to wear them out more often than other items. I love the cool, slippery, fell of the lining on bare skin, the smell, and feel of the nylon. Growing up, access to plastic was very limited, but I did have an over-the-head cagoule, which I loved secretly wearing at home naked.

Even if I didn't share your fetish, I would still want to hear about your posts and welcome discussion. Personally I am totally turned off by dirty heavy rain gear like oilskins, but I understand that this is a primary love for some members, so happy to read their posts and understand that we all like different things.
Waterproof trousers

Post by Waterproof trousers »

I love nylon csgoules particularly Peter storm , new, size and original are all worn and enjoyed regularly.wirh waterproof trousers too . I get very turned on seeing others wearing them .
annabell-cagoule

Post by annabell-cagoule »

Always been cagoules for me! Peter storm, regatta, kway, wynster, kag in a bag, TKO etx
Lets get swishy!